“Enjoyable Stay and Fun for Kids”
Review of Depe Dene Resort

Depe Dene Resort
Ranked #59 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Brewster, New York
“Enjoyable Stay and Fun for Kids”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our second time visiting Depe Dene Resort among the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. There were nine of us so we rented one of the bigger townhouses. Plenty of space with two full bathrooms, which was great. It's knotty pine at it's best. The place was clean and decent. The staff is so nice and really go out of their way to help you. By the time I left after a weeks stay, many of them knew my name and the place was busy that week. When I asked a staff member (Tessa) about the beautiful, old house on the property, she offered a tour of the house for myself and my family. Which we thoroughly enjoyed. There's a beach with access to the lake w/ a dock for the kids to swim out to. We also enjoyed the paddle boats and kayaks offered free of charge. Our family fished off the pier, danced at the luau offered on the beach, and gobbled up smores the night before offered on the beach. On Friday afternoon the staff bought down about 50 pizzas to share with everyone on the beach. When you get tired of the beach you can head up the hill to the heated pool or hot tub. We also played ping, pong, shuffle board, tennis, and basketball. There's lots to do with a great laid back feeling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank s g

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntington, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had left a deposit for a week stay and was told I could get my money back if I canceled 60 days before my stay. Not the case! They first suggested I never canceled within that time frame. I did! Then they said even if i did, I would only get my money if I "specifically" requested a refund. Wow - I cancel but they keep the money. Interesting policy. After many conversations and great resistance they refunded a portion of my deposit. In all my years of going to Lake George I have never run into such nonsense in my life. Not for me!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank R W

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family has been staying at Depe Dene for over 30 years. We have tried other places in Lake George, but, in our opinion, Depe Dene has the best combination of a nice size swimming pool, large sandy beach, and free boat (paddleboats, rowboats) use. The beach is one of the nicest on the Lake. There are lots of docks for boats if you need a boat slip and great fishing right off the docks. There is also a great restaurant (The Lone Bull) that you can walk to for a great breakfast in the morning and a good deli across the street for a sandwich or snack. We eat breakfast at the Lone Bull every day we are at Depe Dene. The pancakes are tremendous! There is also horseback riding across the street with a great view of the lake from the trail. The cabins by the Lake have spectacular views and are great if you will be spending a lot of time at the beach. One of our favorite places at Depe Dene, is the sitting area on top of the boathouse. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the Lake especially in the early morning or evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim H
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was recommended to us by friends who had stayed here a few years ago and had a great time. We were not sure what to expect considering the mixed reviews on trip advisor. We had a great time, there is so much to do at the resort and in the surrounding area. Staying at the resort was so convenient. We spent days just hanging out on the beach. My daughter was in the lake for hours and everyone enjoyed the resort's free kayaks, canoes and pedalboats. We enjoyed making a BBQ right in front of our cabin and the the kids played volleyball which was also right in front of our cabin. We had a 3 bedroom cottage near the pool. It was a great size for our family of 5, it could use some upgrading but it was very clean and beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back, highly recommend this resort. Many people complained about how far the walk was to the lake from the cabin, it was not far at all a 3 or 4 minute walk, coming up the hill from the lake at the end of the day was hard but not so bad. If I was going to complain about anything it would be the people coming down to the lake at 6 am and putting towels on the lounge chairs and then not coming back down to use them until 1:00. I would come down at 9 am and there were only a few people on the beach but no available lounges.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the larger cabins, near the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Zandy made checking in easy and quick.
I really enjoyed staying here with my family. Beautiful panaromic view of the lake, breathtaking. Stayed in one of the motel rooms. Next year I would like to stay in the townhouse or cottage. Beachside was nice and quick to get to.
This family resort has daily activities.
Going to make this our family vacation place.

• Stayed August 2013
long island, ny
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've been coming to LG for years and have stayed at many places on 9N. We decided to go to LG spur of the moment. Depe Dene had vacancies so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased. The beach area and the motel property is very nice. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The Depe Dene is in a great location with the village not too far away, Lone Bull next door, and deli across the street. Pool/ hot tub area very clean. Some of the rooms,linens do need upgrading. All in all we enjoyed our stay and we would stay again.

Room Tip: motel rooms have a great view of the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank simo1993
Commack, NY
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We love Depe Dene but they need to upgrade the cottages, the appliances are old, the carpets are disgusting and the linens according to staff are not washed. It is a shame that such a great place still on the last century. Keep up with upgrades

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank bilingual2013
AnaCronin, Manager at Depe Dene Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
In response to the accusation of providing guests with dirty or questionable linens: The Depe Dene has a laundry staff working diligently to provide guests with clean linens. No guest will ever be given dirty linen as this would be a serious health code violation and would compromise the integrity of the resort. As far as upgrading, the Depe Dene has made several upgrades to both the rooms and the property to provide guests with a more comfortable and enjoyable vacationing spot. Upgrades will continue to happen yearly. We take your suggestions into consideration and thank you for your input.