“Beautiful B&B, Great Breakfast, Owned by a Lovely Couple”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake George Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 25 Lake George B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My dear lady and I arrived at the Lake George B&B to a warm and enthusiastic welcome from Marilyn Holmes, who owns the establishment with husband Mike. Both are down to earth, upbeat, and genuinely caring Innkeepers. Our room was bright, cheery, and very nicely appointed, keeping with the theme of the entire Inn. The bath was spacious, the bedding very comfortable, and the inclusion of a wall mounted flat panel TV provided welcome additional space for all of our "stuff". The common areas of the Inn, dining room, living room and kitchen, were all well kept, very clean, and comfortable. Parking is off street, on the Inn property.

Marilyn and Mike share cooking duties, and alternate days on which they cook and serve breakfast. Both are excellent chefs. Breakfasts were freshly prepared to order, abundant, and absolutely delicious, with Marilyn preparing savory dishes, while Mike prepares sweeter offerings.

The Inn is located two blocks from the town beach, which was unfortunately closed due to a broken sewer main. The state park beach is approximately twenty minutes leisurely strolling time, or five minutes drive, along the lakefront. Making us aware that the town beach was closed, Marilyn and Mike offered to pay for our parking ($8 daily) at the state beach, which was a wonderful gesture on their part, and speaks well of the type of hosts this couple truly are. We politely refused the offer, opting to stroll to the state beach, and would not have taken the offer had we driven.

We dined at several restaurants in the area, J.C. Montana's, Shepard's Cove, and Pumpernickel's, and I shall review each individually in separate discourse.

Suffice to state that we truly enjoyed our four nights at the Lake George B&B, and the warm hospitality of the Holmes'. We would definitely return, and have discussed so doing when the fall foliage is in full color. Many thanks to Marilyn and Mike for making our stay truly enjoyable.

Gary and Joan

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garyschne
There are newer reviews for Lake George Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 27, 2009

I booked this entire B&B for a reunion with some college friends and we all loved it here!
Mike and Marilyn, the innkeepers, were extremely attentive and accomodating to our needs. I dont think i've ever dont business with nicer people and they were so helpful in giving recommendations and tips and having our trip run smoothly. They even let us use their kitchen and grill! Also, their breakfasts are amazing and will surely leave you stuffed!

The B&B itself is both beautiful and well situated. It's just a block off the heart of the village and its easy to just leave the B&B and stroll around without feeling lost. The B&B is also just 2 blocks away from a small beach on the lake! I've never actually in a B&B before, and this place has turned me onto them. It's comparable to a hotel and much better than a motel. I wasn't sure what to expect from the rooms, but they were clean, adorable, and equipped with quality amenities.

I absolutely loved this B&B and Mike and Marilyn!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We visited this b and b for my birthday last year and couldn't have been more pleased. The hosts, Marilyn and Mike, were enthusiastic and helpful (and their adorable little girl Caitlyn just blew us away), the rooms--both private and public--were warm and inviting, and the breakfasts were fabulous. Try to stay over a Thursday night; the town has fabulous fireworks and the beachfront, one block away from the b and b, was a perfect place from which to watch.
We've stayed in b and b's all over the world and feel that this one is one of our favorites.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We recently stayed at this B&B for Americade. The place is perfectly situated close enough to the festivities but far enough to be quiet. The Hosts are fantastic and make your stay worry free. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. The breakfasts were unique and delicious. This is a must stay when you want to park your car or bike and just see the sights.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My fiance and I were traveling to Queensbery for our nephew's 2nd birthday and on a whim, we decided to spend the nigjt in Lake George. I came across the Lake George B&B on-line and the pictures looked pretty so I booked a night without really knowing anything about this gem. The place was absolutely amazing, immaculate and perfectly situated in the heart of town with lots to do. The owners were beyond nice and attentive. They even graciously offered us to use the room well after check out time as we were the only guests there for the weekend (we traveled during off season so things were not at all crowded). The breakfast was one of the best i have ever had- blackberry pancakes served with honey drizzled bananas, southern style hash browns and slices of ham. Our stay was fantastic. To help give some context to this review, I am particularly anal about where I stay when I travel and I am from NYC so I am very accustomed to great food. I could not believe how nice the rooms were and how clean the place was. We will definitely be back. I can't say enough about how wonderful this little b & b is.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jebediah77
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Just came back from Lake George for a very relaxing, delightful weekend getaway. Stayed at the Lake George Bed & Breakfast – it simply is the perfect place to stay. Very clean, pretty rooms! Great breakfast served elegantly in the attractive dining room. And above all - very hospitable innkeepers, Mike and Marilyn Holmes!! The B&B is on a quiet side street but only two blocks away from the beach, lakeside restaurants, and many activities – swimming, parasailing, boat rentals, lake cruise tours. We can’t wait to go back! This lovely home is for everyone - families, couples, singles.
Note: The website http://www.lakegeorgebb.com/
is accurate in saying that “the photos do not do the beautiful rooms justice” I was told that the website is being updated soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank luv2pasyal
Reviewed August 23, 2007

If you are interested in being near the action in Lake George, but want a relaxing atmostphere, try the Lake George B&B on Montcalm Avenue. Just one block in from the busy road, it is a quiet respite. Great location....nice rooms....airconditioning. The breakfasts are good. Philamena, the inn keeper, is very accomodating when it comes to your breakfast (which is very good). Definitely worth spending a few nights there!

Stayed: July 2007