“Excellent lunch place”
Review of Sammy D's Cafe - CLOSED

Sammy D's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I never thought that I would review mall food, but this place is outstanding for what it is. It's located in the Adirondack Outlet Mall between Timberland and UnderArmor. It offers great wraps and quesadillas. The tortillas for the wraps are homemade. The salads are made for you, not pre-packaged and ready to go. We have not had the pizza, but it looks great, as does the homemade ice cream. We have been told that Sammy studied at the CIA--that is Culinary Institute of America. His pedigree shows in the food he offers. This is the one mall food place we look forward. It brings us to the mall on trips to or from Montreal, even more than the outlet shopping.

1  Thank Old_guy_and_wife_11

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A refreshing alternative to The Loft, Old Post Grille, and other fast food places in this area. The owner was very friendly. The food (we had wraps and greek salad with buffalo chicken) was fresh and delicious. Ambiance is average (located in the shopping mall), but maybe he can afford to have his own restaurant sometime in the future. Good luck!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have to agree with all the other positive reviews I've seen here on Tripadvisor about this place. We had lunch here while waiting for our room to be prepared at our hotel. We had wraps, and the kids had pizza. Everyone gave this place a "thumbs up." It's great to know about a place like this, as we will be visiting Lake George again and will surely go here again.

1  Thank SugarMuff
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Took TI advice and was just as surprised as other reviewers.

Usually these mall 'restaurants' serve sad greasy pizza and hotdogs and lousy service.
Not so here.
Something really good is going on in the back of this place. Out front what you see is very deceptive. Not much to see but counter, staff and a few items with cold drinks fridge.

Staff couldn't have been more pleasant - from the lady taking the order (she called me 'sir' so I'll call her 'lady'!) to the staff who I paid or delivered the order.
What was most surprising was the large selection of fresh, quality ingredients, home baked and cooked - freshest wraps I think I've ever tasted with a large number of vegetarian options.

Across the walkway are a dozen tables with rapid turnover. Folks out shopping are not planning to longer.

So - great place for a healthy lunch. No other worthwhile places without needing to get in the car.

Our new place for lunch at The Outlets.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

No need to sugar coat it! Sammy D's is an absolute hidden treasure... Stopped here on my way to work for a quick sandwich and received some of the best food and service that Lake George has to offer. I don't know the gentlemans name who waited on me but he was there during both of my visits and he's just great. The bread for the sandwiches are delicious and I always leave there with a smile. He sees thousands of faces a week yet he still remembered me from my previous visit (always nice). I work locally and will definitely send people to Sammy D's! Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Eeh12190