“Rockhounds will love this gem for more than one reason!”
Review of Sammy D's Cafe

Sammy D's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 16, 2013

When I travel, I check for restaurants near my motel using GE. I try to stay away from chains and look for something out of the ordinary. I'm glad I noticed the great reviews for this place in the Adirondack Outlet Mall. It was tough to decide from all the sandwiches on their menu, but the last one on the list sounded the most interesting. Sorry, I forget what it was called, but it was last on the list. The ingredients didn't include any meat, but it just sounded so tasty. When I ordered, the friendly manager offered, "If you are a meat eater, I'll put some chicken on it." I guess he reads minds. Needless to say, it was the best sandwich I had on the trip. Included was a huge chocolate chip cookie.

Rockhounds will get a kick out of this place. On the counter-top and in display cases you will find many examples of interesting rocks and minerals, mostly collected locally from the Adirondack region. The display included some nice specimens of the famous Herkimer diamonds. I had an interesting conversation with the manager about his collecting experiences.

If I travel to this area again, I will be sure to stop here again. I wish they had a website with their menu on it.

1  Thank OhioOrienteer

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Love the southwest chicken quesadillas!!! Great service wholesome foods! It was spicy just the way I like it. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food definitely not your typical mall food , all food made fresh and tastes great. It doesn't look fancy but its the food that counts and it was excellent and service was also very friendly

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place doesn't look that much at first. Once you taste it, you just want to go back. Food is homemade fresh and the service always with a smile. They even surprised us with an free ice cream delight, when we were done eating. It is in the entrance of a mall so don't expect any cosy atmosphere.

1  Thank Pierre A
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Now I have to say I have loved the food this place puts out from the start, its amazingly prepared fresh each order. I have reviewed this eatery in the past with flying colors, other than the dining area that used to be, well, nasty. They have completely redone the dining area with all surfaces new, clean and pleasant. No more putting napkins on the seats before sitting on them..... lol. Keep in mind the owner/cook here is a CIA graduate master chef, its a hole in the wall (literally) shop, but incredible food every time. Right next door to the Under Armour outlet, great place to be located. My favorite is "The Chief", a roasted turkey sandwich with bacon, avocado and a signature spicy BBQ sauce, awesome! Their pizza is all home made from scratch each day as well, and it is incredible. This is an all gluten free menu, I am not a gluten free guy but nonetheless, this food is all 110% excellent.