“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #130 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate here in mid-day June 2013 after stopping at King Neptune's where it was over priced with limited options. After paying for our drinks we left and saw the hookah bar. I am not experienced with Indian food, but love hookahs. During the course of our meal we had 2 hookahs, they were delicious and all of the attention we were getting from people walking around was surprising, obviously not many people order them. We also decided to have dinner there. When we first walked in we were greeted by someone from behind the bar who immediately helped us and made great menu suggestions. We also interacted with the owner who was very nice to us, chatted with us and even inquired where my boyfriends thick southern accent was from. Our server was really great, he helped us a lot with our choices and they followed our orders perfectly. We are both very picky so it was great to be so pleased with a style of food we've never had before. He got the Chicken Curry, EXTRA hot on request and i got the Chicken Biryani, both were delicious. We spent a minimum of 2 hours there and we had a great time all around. Also they DEFINITELY DID NOT CHARGE GRATUITY, but were tipped greatly. We both work at restaurants, my boyfriend is a manager and it was one of our favorite dining experiences. Thankfully my family camp is only a half hour away and to think I could have been eating here for years! At least I have something to actually go to Lake George for now.

After reading reviews on this site I would also like to add that we were barely able to finish our dishes and had plenty of food to take home. We also modified some of our orders and they were not rude and followed them exactly. And we modify everything everywhere and at least half of those places completely ignore our requests. We also had many beers and they were all frosty cold.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Taste of India more like taste of awesomeness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

So me and some friends were cruisin lake George the other day when my nose got caught in some amazing smell I stopped dead in my tracks and I was standing in front if taste of india I was awestruck at the aromas this place puts out I walked in and was greeted by the coolest server on the planet she gave us all menus and we sat outside we ordered samosas aloo tiki chat chicken biryani butter chicken and the goat curry the food was prompt and freakin phenomenal then our server offered us hookah and deserts afterwords let us smell the most awesome flavor selection I'm definitely goin back as much as humanly possible!!!!!!

Latham, New York, United States
“Best Indian Restaurant Hands DOWN.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in Lake George For the First time With my Family visiting From LA and words can not describe how good the food really tasted. It brought me back to my roots. The staff was so friendly and happy, they made us feel happy. The waitress gave my kids free mango lassi cause my daughter was crying. How sweet is that. The food was exceptional the portions were large enough to share and the flavors were unimaginable. this is hands down the best Indian restaurant I have every been to... not to mention the view it really was a very memorable place to have dinner with my family.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Worst place to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

If U wanna SPOIL your mood of good vacationing in Lake George this would be the place!!!!
Asked for a litlle variation in menu and was given sooo much attitude!!! The owner...SHE is OBNOXIOUS and RUDE, wants to charge triple the price!!
One entree with such a small serving that it would hardly even be enough for one person!!!
and how dare they add 18% gratuity??? for 3 people??? Really!!!!
This message is for the OWNER- - -- --- --
Just because this is a Vacation Spot doesn't mean U can RIP off people!! U should be ashamed of u'r self for running such a business where the Quantity is so less and price is double!!
Its people like U who give India a bad name,,,
Hope everyone reads this and never goes to your place!!! Its not Taste of India,,its a taste of a HORRIBLE experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Thank desigirl2013
New Jersey
“Pricey, less quantity, hot beer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The waitress will try to sell you more food. Gratuity is already added 18%. Beer will be nice and hot if you like it that way. In other words you have better options to choose from, unless you like
hot beer and stale food. $16 for chicken biryani for a very small serving. You may as well donate to charity and skip lunch.

• 2 of 5 bubbles