“Crooks of India”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

One of the worst Indian food I have ever had. Top it pricey. Top that with the owner adding food we didn't order. Top that with being nasty when caught. Top that with a 18% gratuity and expect tips. There is a group of almost 200 of us who gather at Lake George who will never go there ever.

3  Thank HimalayaAdirondack

Reviewed August 7, 2012

They served the worst chaat I ever ate....sour as hell. When my wife tried telling it to d owner she started explaining the recipes instead. The problem was sour yogurt, which she was not willing to accept. Anyways, to give them the due, their trademark cocktail is pretty decent. Post the event, we didn't have the appetite to try the Biryani, which happens to be another yogurt based dish.
Definitely not value for money.
Btw their min credit card transaction is $40, which is crazy!

1  Thank Satvik S
Reviewed July 6, 2012

i vacation in Lake George every year,i also visit this restaurant every year. I would not believe some of the reviews on here TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!I have had everything on the menu and feel it gets better every year with new dishes and the new HOOKAH LOUNGE THEY JUST ADDED.I will be back year after year for all the good eats...this is one of my favorite places to eat in lake george

Reviewed July 5, 2012

So me and my friends went to taste of India last night,to try some food.I'd never had it before my friends and I was purely amazed excellence in its truest form. food so tasty it left me literally speechless then I noticed the hookahs and I was like whoa!! they brought in a hookah lounge too.I was amazed the flavor in the shisha was awesome and the clouds were thick I'd recommend taste of India to any and everyone I see it gets no better than taste of India!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food was very sour. Very pricey and small portions. It is better to eat at a fast food place than this one.