“Finished off our day nicely!”

Blue Moose Tavern & Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had been travelling for many hours and stopped to get a motel for the night and then find somewhere to eat, it was 9pm. We had just passed the Blue Moose and went back there. First impression was that it was a bit run down but there were some colourful characters in the bar who were very welcoming. The bar tender checked that they were still serving food and we ordered salmon with mashed potato and fish and chips. The food was good, My husband loved the beer and the wine was good too and all with pleasant service. This restaurant/tavern met all the needs of two weary travellers.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband I are not food critics, we're not picking eaters, and this is the first time we've ever wanted to review a restaurant negatively. We ordered a ($13)calamari app. and it was soooo tough and rubbery. Entrees were room temp and were more like cheap diner food. Waitress was wonderful though and our son's cheeseburger kids meal was good. Prices DO NOT reflect quality of food or out dated atmosphere of restaurant.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

5/8/14
I really don't like writing a negative review so it has to be a disappointing meal for me to do so. I ate here 2years ago and it was fantastic with great service and a unique menu selection. The food was great. The beer on tap selection was very good with hard to find brews.

The menu shown on trip advisor must have been the previous menu as the one they presented tonight only had 6 main dinner items. The food was mediocre at best. I had the slow braised rack of ribs the only choice of starch was mashed potato. The service was poor. It seamed like this place had changed hands. It is a shame and I won't be back.

1  Thank BWOLFF
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I found this restaurant last year during a ski trip to Gore. We've now been there 4 times. A great environment, fun, reasonable prices for both food and drinks, and very good entertainment if you go on a night when that's available. We generally order a prime rib dinner, which we appreciate after a day's skiing, and you just can't beat it for $11 for an 8 oz. portion, with fresh veggies and a starch, salad and a roll with butter. A glass of house wine (all very good brands) or a mixed drink run about $6-8. When they have them, steamed clams are excellent. We look forward to gong there, and will definitely return.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

It's a bar that serves fair food not close to a restaurant. Listrned to Jimmy Hendrix during dinner. And expensive, cheeseburger, Turkey club, 1 soda 1 water $31 including tip.