“Happily surprised”

Giovanna's on the Lake
Ranked #76 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Giovanna's On The Lake restaurant is an Italian Steak House featuring hand cut steaks, seafood, nightly specials and a new Early Bird Menu 5-9PM. Located right on Lake George at The Georgian Lakeside Resort. Also serving breakfast daily and lunch on the patio at The lake front Cabana Bar.
NY
“Happily surprised”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was at The Georgian for a work event and we had dinner provided. I had ordered the broiled salmon and it was absolutely fantastic. It came with rice a selection of mixed vegetables. Everything was wonderful. A coworker had ordered the strip steak and she said it tasted good, but that it was very tough. I think part of the reason she had difficulty eating it was that a steak knife was not provided and she had to cut it with a butter knife.

What was surprising was that I had given my dessert to one of the gentlemen at my table because it was cake and I have a gluten allergy. The waitress heard me tell him this, and came out with a gluten free cupcake! Another waitress told me that they had a selection of gluten free desserts in the kitchen so that I could have a different one every night. I thought it was very, very nice. Even though the cupcake was not the best thing ever, I was still touched.

The next morning there was a breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, pastries, and fruit. This was also good.

Lunch was difficult for me as the choices were chicken parm and a penne alfredo, both of which I could not eat. However I had some lovely salad and mixed vegetables.

• Visited May 2013

Hammond, New York
“Excellent service and quality of food at affordable prices”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent service and quality of food at affordable prices. Traveled solo and met up with family. The food was excellent. Service phenomenal. Couldn't ask for a better place to dine. And how wonderful that it was right next door to the Georgian Hotel.

Visited October 2012
“I have this place figured out...”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Decor / Initial Impression:
If you have seen the Kubrick film, "The Shinning", you will feel like you are dining in the room they didnt have time to film in.

Wait Staff:
Very Friendly, but very dreary looking staff. I believe the man in the abercrombie hoodie that served our food may have been the chef. Not to be confused with the matradee who was wearing an off color GAP sweater who seated us. Our waitress however, as sweet as she was, took an unfortunate amount of time between the 4 occupied tables in the resturant to help us with water or more importantly, our check when trying to escape(20min)

Food:
Like a below average diner, they knew how to deliver frozen tasteless meal which was very apparently a 2 step cooking process, "place in microwave; heat for a while on high". Atleast at a diner you know what your getting and the bill dosent hit you too hard in the butt. However, at our resturant in question, they will charge you close to $20 for tomato paste in a bowl of squishy noodles with dry globs of chicken, but atleast they sprinkle what seems to be basil all over the rim of the plate to fancify it up!

Bottom Line:

Avoid unless you want below average diner food at a nice quality resturant price.

2 Thank Littlekc13
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Family birthday party”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was for a family birthday party of about 35 people. LaToya was extremely helpful as this was planned remotely, never saw the restaurant. The food was excellent. They even provided the birthday cake. The view from the dining room, overlooking the lake, was great. The price was reasonable.

Visited September 2012
Suffern, New York
“Great value”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ordered from the Prix Fixe menu. Terrific food and only $16.95 per person. Wow! Great views while you eat.

Visited September 2012