“Great value, location, and experience!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Adirondack Camping Village
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I always enjoy my annual visit to ACV, it's family friendly, family owned and all the amenities for "camping"! My kids enjoy the pools and game room, the free nightly movies, and the whole sports field. We always feel welcome and safe. There is no wild partying going on, a real family atmosphere!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RachShafer
There are newer reviews for Adirondack Camping Village

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this campground for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The grounds are very clean, owners are very nice and helpful and the sites were large and well maintained. The pool was clean, they had a smaller & shallow pool for younger kids. The laundry worked well, the camp store was well stocked. It was quiet & peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank firemomof3
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been going to this campground for years and I love it. There is plenty I things for kids. The pool is very clean along with the showers, bathrooms and laundry room. The play ground is a little small and the game room is okay. There is plenty of room to play volleyball. In certain parts of the campground you can hear the highway but other than that it is very quiet all the time. The people are friendly and the little store is great located right next to the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank sam b
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and my family camped here 2 years ago and were going back again this year. The campground is very clean and safe. you are in the middle of the woods and it has a very outdoorsy feeling. the camp store is very convenient and the ppols are very clean. there is alot of things to do with the family here including an arcade and movie nights. i agree you can hear the highway but its not as obnoxious as some people make it seem. you hear tires rolling over the pavement and thats it. nothing loud or startling.

Room Tip: if youre a light sleeper get a site towards the back of the camp ground
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ozzy497
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We camped at this campground for the car show weekend. I agree with one of the other reviews that you can hear the highway - we were in a camper, so it wasn't too bad. I imagine if you were in a tent, it could be annoying. The grounds were very clean as were the bathrooms. As far as hot water, you just need to play a bit with the shower and the water was piping hot. My only complaint (and it really isn't a big deal) is that when I called, I specifically asked for two quiet, private sites. Since I had never camped here before, I asked the lady that I had spoken with to make the choice. I did say that one of us had an 18' camper and the other had a 27' camper. My brother barely fit in his space, having just enough room for his awning. Our site was ok - but had to be the worst in the camground looking very closely at an old, moldy seasonal camper. It was just ok - but we did ride around and now know the campground and marked down the good sites. Generally, when you ask for something quiet, private and nice you get it. That was our only disappointment. After reading reviews about other campgrounds in Lake George, we were happy to have chosen this one. Fellow campers were quiet and respectful. We had a terrific time and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a site away from where you can hear the highway and some space - although we asked for that...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peggywestshokan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stumbled upon this campground after originally looking into Great Escape Campground, who wanted $110 per night!!!! for Labor Day weeekend. As I understand it, this campground is family owned by the same family for 30+ years, owners and employees were super friendly, facilities were Immaculate and the place was extremely well maintained. Pool was great, super clean and heated, movie barn plays movies every evening at 7:30 for the kids, Hugo was palying the night we arrived. Not a huge campground but that's part of what we really enjoyed about it. Five minute drive to Lake George Village, closer than any other (non state) campground that I know of in the area. We went with another family and have unanimously decided we will be returning at least once again next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We camped in August for a week in our camper with full hookups. We traveled with another family and were able to get adjoining sites and set the campers up to face each other. This helped with privacy and space as the sites are very close to one another and not very wide. The campground is quite hilly, making bringing in a bigger camper a bit of a chore. You do get the "in the woods" feeling you want camping, but some of the sites are closer to the highway than others, and you can hear the trucks at night. They did not bother us. The people that ran the campground were very nice, the pool and game room were wonderful and our kids loved the movies at night. The kids also found fire newts, walking sticks and various other "cool" wildlife to keep them busy near our ites. We brought our dog and there was plenty of shade to keep her cool. If we return to this side of lake George, we will be back to Adirondack Camping Village.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family