“Excellent accommodations for our wedding party”
Review of Tea Island Resort

Tea Island Resort
Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After getting a cold shoulder from Sun Castle Resorts, my husband & I turned to Tea Island and reserved several units for our wedding weekend. Our bridal party, family, and friends came from several different states and countries for the weekend, so we were looking for a nice spot for them. Could not have found anything better. The location is perfect, as it's close to the village but far enough to get a sense of privacy and tranquility along the lake. The units were all incredibly clean and comfortable, and we had so much fun on the stand up paddle boards, canoes, and kayaks. After a day on the water, we were able to gather around the grill and picnic tables for a nice BBQ. Theresa was so flexible and responsive while working with us, and I will certainly return for another trip! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erin R
There are newer reviews for Tea Island Resort

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our family of seven stayed here for four days and loved every second! The kids loved the playground, small beach, and were thrilled to see ferry going by. It was the perfect location, not only because of the beach, but the village was a mere mile away. The rooms were nice and updated, and the beds were very comfortable! We would definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at Tea Island. Unfortunately, the weather did not agree within my plans for the majority of the trip but nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed my time. When the rain subsided I was able to relax on the quiet dock and paddle board in the bay.
"Location, location, location." During the rainy times I was able to quickly and easily pop into shops and restaurants in the town.
I stayed in room 4 and slept better than i have in weeks thanks to the quiet and comfortable room.
The family/management could not have been more accommodating and friendly.
I will definitely be coming back to Tea Island and hopefully will leave with more tan lines next time :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Absolutely
Wonderful stay. Small property on Lake George. Great weather
and easy access to village activities. Dave and Theresa (the owners) went out of their way to ensure my wife and I had a great stay. Will definitely be coming back with the kids

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I feel so fortunate to have come across this hotel while looking for a place to stay at Lake George.
Location is perfect, not in the middle of the bustling village, but not too far away either.
Peaceful, serene and breathtakingly beautiful views. Enjoyed breakfast on the veranda looking out on the lake. Had so much fun using their paddle boats, with no up charge! The bed was really comfortable too. Can't wait until we can go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked this hotel one week ago for the third week of June. Unfortunately I had to cancel due to conflict in my work schedule. I called them to cancel yesterday, almost one month prior to the booking days and found out that they will charge me a 25% cancellation fee. The cancellation fee had not been mentioned in the confirmation email. I am not planning to book them anymore and I will also make sure that anyone I know will be aware of their hidden cancellation fee. I wish tripadvisor had negative stars. I am giving one star because they would not post without a star.

Room Tip: Just do not go there
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sharpmonica
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not really on an island but has a really nice waterfront view of Tea Island. They have houses and motel rooms. It was just the wife and me so we stayed in a room. The rooms were clean on arrival and cleaned daily. The slope of the land gives the location a secluded feeling and it was even better as there were not many people staying there this early in the season. We enjoyed the view from the deck outside our room and the many nice local restaurants and golf courses, which were also pleasantly not crowded in mid May..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple