“Great place for your camping vacation.”

Lake George RV Park
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is are 3rd year here, Campground is very clean, sites are well maintained, and staff very friendly.Campground can accommodate all sizes of RVs...Full hookups including Cable TV and WiFi..... (WiFi is spotty depending on were you are located)...The speakers in the trees announcing activities does interrupt the tranquility......would be better if itinerary was handed out instead.....but it isnt annoying by any means...just one thing I would change....Campground has plenty of nicely wooded sites and sites are not "on top of eachother"....We experianced a pretty big rainstorm one night that washed alot of debri on campsites, pathways, and roads... we were pleasantly suprised that the staff was right on top of it the next day....cleaning roads, pathways, and sites.....even where the dirt that was washed away and made a little ditch on our site was fixed while we were out!!!!....We will be back again next year.!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank hdsoftail13

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We never had gone to lake George, we threw it out to our friends for their thoughts of where to go.
Once determined then we looked for the right place.
there were a few that said "noisy place" or "staff were not nice"

All the negative people were incorrect!
we had a blast! Awesome bike paths, friendly over the top staff that went out of their way to make us happy. Worked with us on places to go thing to see etc.
clean clean clean, organized and taken care of.
We loved the wooded sites, cool and private.

Paddle boats are for sure made for lightweight people though.
only thing I didn't like were the trees talking, lol the speakers telling you about stuff going on. Give people an itinerary to follow and hope they attend.
it does disturb the peace and tranquility of the environment.

We will be back next year for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank John W
Reviewed August 28, 2013

LGRVP never fails when it comes to location, cleanliness, layout and staff. It's one of the best RV parks in the northeast I've been to and will continue to go to. Its a little pricey but well worth the money for everything they include. We go with a group of 7 families and will return next season.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in this campground on a few occasions, but have never reviewed it on TA, well I'm changing this right now. This is my second best campground, the first one being Walt Disney in Orlando, which sets the bar pretty high, well Lake George RV park comes in very close, outstanding staff, the cleanliness of everything and anything, washrooms, sites, landscaping, parks, everything is so well maintained and manicured, the area if fun, great restaurants, boutiques and of course the 6 flags park 3 minutes away. So if your a couple or a family, I believe this is the best campground in the North east. Have Fun

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean D
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just spent 4 nights at the LGRV park. It reminded me of a resort my family used to go to when I was little. You had that hometown feel, you didn’t have to leave the park to have fun.

They had fun “summer” things to do, Bingo, shows, softball, volleyball, swimming, a different movie each night. Two actually, there were two different theaters. The juggler and the magician we saw during the week we were there were amazing!

The sites were a bit small and really close together. We were on site 89 which was the corner of a loop. People constantly cut through our site to get to the bike path. We also had 6 yappy dogs next to us, which was a little annoying.

I didn’t really like the way, when booking you are told they will not assign you a specific site. They will take your request, though and make every effort to meet it. They said since it was so early, we shouldn’t have a problem, but still wouldn’t give me a site.

However when they sent the confirmation e-mail, it says this….
“A reservation guarantees a site, not a specific site. Sites are assigned based on when your deposit is received. We continue to encourage campsite requests and early reservations.”

I don’t know why they couldn’t give me a site when they took my $100 deposit by credit card back in March for an August reservation. Every other campsite I have ever booked with has allowed me to pick exactly what site I want when I book it.

Also it’s advertised as a family place but yet they charge $8 per kid per night. That seems a lot. I think it’s silly to have prices based on only 2 guests….they should base it on a family of 4. KOA’s also charge per kid, but they only charge 3 or 4 dollars.

The entire park has free wifi which is amazing. Other places we have been to has either spotty wifi or you have to pay for it. The bike trails are really cool, a bit hilly for me, but great for the kids. The trail that takes you to the village is a nice ride. Pretty much downhill the whole way in, but obviously then you must come back up!

They have a trolly that runs through the park constantly and will also take you to the outlet stores. There is also a trolly that will take you to the village. We did that one and it was great.

The bathrooms were small but very clean. The shower house was also nice and clean. I liked that they were small rooms with actual doors on them, instead of shower curtains. Gave you some privacy.

The people in the office were really helpful. We went in one morning and asked for some ideas for something to do. We didn’t want to go to Great Escape. The woman (I think her name was Mary Lisa?) gave us a bunch of brochures and suggestions. We decided on a white water rafting trip. She asked us to come back and tell her how it was, but we didn’t see her again….sorry, it was really fun by the way!

The grounds were kept very clean, the pools were nice, the theaters, and café were all nice.

I think we would stay there again, it was a great location and very easy to get around to see other things.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicki C
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We rented a RV and took it to the Lake George RV Park... What a great choice we made! We needed another day to truly enjoy the park, we only had time to do a fraction of the activities. As first timers we can not compare other RV Parks but we can say we will be RVing again in the future.
The RV park is huge... glad we took our bikes. We biked to the fishing pond, paddle boats and over a few times to the store to buy gifts and supplies.
Check-in was super easy and check-out was even simpler.
Each site had a picnic table and fire ring. When our neighbor checked out, a truck quickly came and cleaned the site.
Our area had huge trees, pretty plants and a cute chipmunk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank scampiekat
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We planned an extended vacation to the Lake George area and were delighted to have booked into the Lake George RV Park. Sites are pull through with 20/30/50 amp service. The campsites were immaculate. Nary a speck of garbage to be found in the entire park at all and at all times. Garbage pails were provided at each campsite and pickup was daily with a fresh bag each day. There were two very nice outdoor pools and a kiddie pool by each. There is also a nice indoor pool. There is an adult lounge, a theater, playgrounds, bass fishing pond, bike trails, horsehoes, tennis, shuffleboard, and plenty more. Have fun!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family