“Don't waste your time or money”
Review of Saddle Up Stables

Saddle Up Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle Up Stables is one of the oldest riding stables in the Adirondacks. We offer a large selection of horses from beginners to experienced riders. Enjoy a scenic trail ride that offers a beautiful view overlooking Lake George from top of the mountain. Rides last about an hour and leave at anytime between the hours of 9 to 5. No reservations taken. Pony rides available for the little ones.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were very displeased with the service and found it to be such a rip off. One of the handlers kept scolding my son for him to straighten up on a pony even though he was slouching ever so lightly and barely weighs 45 pounds. I saw much bigger kids than my son riding ponies and they should not have been. They don't allow kids to go riding on a trail and the money we spent was such an insult with going back and forth a few yards three times. GO ELSEWHERE for a much better experience I'm sure.

3  Thank 101Karma101
SaddleUp1, Owner at Saddle Up Stables, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

As one of the owners of the stables, I wanted to respond to this review. First of all we do allow children ages 6 and up to ride on the scenic trail ride if they are tall enough, being 48" tall and if they are ready to take the longer ride and pay attention for that amount of time. We ride many children everyday on the scenic trail ride that takes about an hour. For those that do not want to go on the longer trail ride or prefer a short ride, then we offer the pony rides. This ride is just a short ride, because it is meant for very young children. However we do allow older children to ride either a pony or horse, even though they are capable of taking the longer scenic ride, because most of the time, that is all the parents want them to do.
Our staff makes sure the children are seated correctly on their ponies so they are balanced while riding. It is very important to be sitting on their pony or horse to keep from falling off. I can't imagine a parent criticizing us for wanting their child to have a good seated position while riding. Would they rather us not care?
It is also important for parents to watch their children while being around any horse or pony and not run behind them. We go out of our way to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We brought our teenagers for their first riding experience and we all had a great time! The staff were very conscious of our inexperience and were very patient with us. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the horses and the trail. We will definitely go back again next year!!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We happened to pass this by on the way to eat, and my wife and daughters gave a trail ride a try, and ended up saying it was the highlight of the trip.(and that is saying alot). The views were great, staff was nice. The only downside was that my 4 year old rode a pony which got spooked and almost threw her off- which REALLY upset her- and scared me too. I would think they would have refunded her money, given her a little extra attention or at least given her one of the cheap little souvenirs or something as a nice gesture- but barely a sorry see ya later... Overall the older girls loved it though...

2  Thank DrXYZ
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been on many horseback ride trails and, this one was the nicest by far. We had an awesome trail guide who made sure everyone was okay and he made sure that the horses were all behaving. He also stopped the horses so that we could take a look at the scenes of Lake George while we were on horseback. If you go for a trail ride and you want to have a really nice time request Robert for your guide

2  Thank sue k
Reviewed July 17, 2013

i am an experienced rider and i have been going to Lake George for a long time. I have been many places in Lake George and this is where i go every year because i love the view and the scenery is so beautiful. It is peaceful and the horses are great! I will always come here. I love it!!!!!!!