“Good for first-timers”
Review of Saddle Up Stables

Saddle Up Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Saddle Up Stables is one of the oldest riding stables in the Adirondacks. We offer a large selection of horses from beginners to experienced riders. Enjoy a scenic trail ride that offers a beautiful view overlooking Lake George from top of the mountain. Rides last about an hour and leave at anytime between the hours of 9 to 5. No reservations taken. Pony rides available for the little ones.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Brought my 7 and 10 year old sons here for their first trail rides. The staff was very good with them. I was comfortable with their safety the whole time. Excellent experience overall.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Me my wife and son all novice riders gave this place a try. $45 for an hour ride, we got minimal instructions but it ended up being enough. Our guide was great (forgot his name) he spoke to us the entire way and gave instruction. He asked everyone their name and kept us engaged. The views of the lake came and went pretty quick but it was overall a great time. When it was over they were nice enough to take our pictures free of charge. I gave our guide a $20 tip and I will come back again

3  Thank Patioo
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This place was great! Well worth the $45 per person we payed

This was our first time ever riding,horses were very well behaved. Our tour guide Sam was frendley and helpful there was 4 adults total on the tour + the tour guide. The tour was not rushed about 1 hr long through the woods that came out to a nice view of lake George about 1/2 way through. Everyone working there was supper frendley. They don't alow you to bring your camera but you can leave it at the front desk with your name and they will gladly take your picture!

I saw a few reviews that stated that they were not alowed to trot. We did 2 short trots on the tour. That we're fun since we were all beginners but keep in mind there were all adults on this tour

My over all experience was great I will return to saddle up stables again!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have some experience with riding but not enough to qualify as expert. Our group of 3 (me, my sister, my mom) all were paired with horses that fit us perfectly. My big lug, "John Wayne" was a draft mix (yes, I'm on the larger side) and I couldn't have been happier with my mount. He was well behaved with a little attitude which made it fun.

April, our guide, was engaging and very personable. We had a great time with her.

For those who are expecting to canter or even jog much, this is not the place for you. You are taken up a hill and get some great views of the lake, but there are very few opportunities for your horses to do more than walk. Still, it's a great ride with some beautiful scenery. We felt it was well worth the $45.

1  Thank gala62
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We loved the horseback riding here. Great guide; beautiful trails and views were fantastic. Was a bit more expensive than what we pay typically but the views were worth it.