“Great place to dine!”

Bistro LeRoux
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Bistro LeRoux, chef-owned and operated by culinary team Jacob and Tiffany Guay. Located at the corner of Bay Road and State Route 149, Bistro LeRoux blends the heritage inherent in its name with the innovation of its menu to offer a truly unique dining experience.Its menu offers sophisticated Adirondack Cuisine made with only the season’s freshest ingredients. Items range from its Veal Osso Bucco, to its Grand Marnier Bur Blanc Grilled Salmon. Bistro LeRoux is proud to also offer half-plate options to suit any appetite, and well as gluten-free and vegetarian meals. A full menu, including a children’s and dessert menu, can be viewed on this page. With so many options for dining, and a great selection of food brought to you in the spirit of family, all that’s missing from Bistro LeRoux is your company!Bistro LeRoux is open Wednesday - Sunday, (Closed Monday and Tuesday), from 5 pm to close.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went here for our anniversary, didn't have anyplace in mind but this popped up on the GPS and we had no problem getting seated for dinner. The ambiance was wonderful, romantically lit, service was excellent, and the meal was delicious. I enjoy restaurants that offer seasonal fare, the presentation was as wonderful as the meal. I find it hard to find anything to dislike about Bistro La Roux. I've fallen hard for the Bistro scene, including my local Bistros, thanks to Bistro La Roux!

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Pizza, hot dogs, and BBQ. When you tire of these items and crave some adult food, this is your place. It is a bit of a stretch to call this a bistro, but you will not be disappointed in the food or the service.

The Strawberry Goat Cheese salad makes a good starter. Skip the Rib Eye Steak and the Lobster Risotto and opt instead for the Braised Short Ribs or a fish entree. The Apple Pie was way too salty, but the Tiramisu and the Lava Cake were Bistro Quality.Loved the local craft beer. The wine list was limited, but reasonable when it came to price.

Guests are dressed casually (come on guys lose the baseball caps) which lowers the ambience a tad. All that being said this is your best choice for dinning out in this area.

1  Thank jckent1223
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife's favorite restaurant. She had the full plate ( they also offer half plates) of scallops. She told me going in she wasn't sharing and she didn't. I started with the special soup, tomato bisque, it tasted like desert. Then I had the large plate of lobster risotto, ate it all and I don't like resotto. It tasted like desert. Well..... Being the more generous person, not really, I reluctantly shared a small piece of lobster and risotto with my wife. To top it off the real desert, we shared the salted caramel apple pie, outstanding. I only downside, the waiter was way to chatty and personal, one stop asking us where we lived and anouther, what were our plans for the weekend and then anouther plans for the rest of the evening????? REALLY?

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We knew this was one of the best restaurants in the area. What I'm quite happy about is that our high expectations were met and exceeded.
The "small" portions were well sized for us since we had a bit of a late lunch already and didn't feel the need to take home leftovers. The ingredients tasted fresh and the recipes are very creative, but not so wild that they are difficult to enjoy.
Service was very attentive and made it a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Rich M
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This chef-owned gem is worth the trip. Soups/salads were good, the entrees were creative and you pick from a small or regular size portion. Make a reservation for sure. We'll certainly go again next trip.

1  Thank Craig F