“Worthy of all the high praise.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro LeRoux

Bistro LeRoux
Ranked #2 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Bistro LeRoux, chef-owned and operated by culinary team Jacob and Tiffany Guay. Located at the corner of Bay Road and State Route 149, Bistro LeRoux blends the heritage inherent in its name with the innovation of its menu to offer a truly unique dining experience.Its menu offers sophisticated Adirondack Cuisine made with only the season’s freshest ingredients. Items range from its Veal Osso Bucco, to its Grand Marnier Bur Blanc Grilled Salmon. Bistro LeRoux is proud to also offer half-plate options to suit any appetite, and well as gluten-free and vegetarian meals. A full menu, including a children’s and dessert menu, can be viewed on this page. With so many options for dining, and a great selection of food brought to you in the spirit of family, all that’s missing from Bistro LeRoux is your company!Bistro LeRoux is open Wednesday - Sunday, (Closed Monday and Tuesday), from 5 pm to close.
Glens Falls, New York
“Worthy of all the high praise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Superb Food, and it's as simple as that. Lobster Risotto was so good that I almost wish I had ordered the Full order instead of the half so I could bring some home for the next day. The shrimp wrapped in prosciutto is delicious, as is pretty much everything on the menu. You can tell that a lot of thought, care, and talent go into every dish. Warm atmosphere, welcoming and comfortable. This place is among my top 5 favorite restaurants in the region.

Secaucus, New Jersey
“Great Formal Dinner for our Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We recently came to your restaurant while Visiting LG. We loved that it is tucked away from the Village. The service was that of Upscale dining the waitstaff was very friendly and pleased to answer any questions and offer recommendations. We enjoyed some wine while we dined , the wine list had a few of my favorites so bonus points for that :)
We ordered some apps which were great,I highly recommend the tomato soup!
For dinner my husband and I both ordered small plates which were more then enough for us. My husband steak was cooked perfectly, and I had the Pork shank which fell off the bone. All in all it was an amazing dinner to celebrate our Anniversary while visitng LG!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Meal won't disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stopped in for dinner based on reviews, we got seated right away (might want to make reservations busy place). Ordered some appetizers , excellent crab cake and tomato soup. Bread was warm when served, entrees served right away. We had the beet salad and scallops, awesome. Unfortunately no room for desert, but we did return the next evening for dinner again. Choice of single or smaller size portions was a great option.

Connecticut
“Absolutely First Rate - Excellent Experience from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

First off - this place deserves all the recognition and great reviews it gets. We visited during the off season (April 16th I think) and it was surprisingly busy.

It is located off the beaten path a bit, not really near the touristy areas, but well worth the journey.

The moment we entered we were greeted - not even by the hostess but by the chefs making the food! You can see them when entering and they said something like "Thank you for visiting us tonight." It was nice that they realized the hostess was not available and took the moment to acknowledge us even though they were clearly very busy working on the food. It just set a really nice tone.

Our waiter was excellent. I can't remember his name but I will say this - there are waiters and then there are professionals. This gentleman was a professional. I have had food all over the world and you can tell when you meet a server with a passion for their job and understands that it is the food PLUS the experience that makes the dinner. He truly was a master of his craft.

So he asks our names, where we are from, etc, and tells us a brief story of someone he knows from Connecticut that lives not far from us and tells us a bit about the restaurant. It's an excellent approach. It is so easy to just throw a menu at someone and so refreshing to not have that experience here.

My wife and I each started with the Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque. The potion was large and extremely tasty. Could be among the best I've ever had. Flavorful and light but heavy with taste.

I asked our water about the chicken waldorf. My experience is that this is usually a salad of some type. He described it as a "deconstructed" chicken waldorf but assured me it was not a salad. I decided to give it a go. And was BLOWN AWAY by how tasty it was.

The chicken is served on a pillow of pumpkin mashed potatoes that compliments it so masterfully well. It was fresh, well prepared and well thought out. It was clear someone spent time perfecting this dish. I ordered the full size plate and it was exactly the right amount for a guy my size.

My wife went with the vegan tofu risotto. She also was BLOWN AWAY by how good it was. She always has a hard time find Vegan cuisine when we are on vacation and this exceeded just about anything she can find here at home. She ordered the small plate and it was perfect size for her.

We asked our waiter which dessert he would choose - the Turtle Cheesecake or the Carmel Apple Pie. He suggested the cheesecake. This was good, but not great. It tasted a bit chewy and more like a grocery store style dessert than something that should come after such a great meal.

We were so impressed with our experience we returned two nights later and ordered exactly the same things again, this time with the warm salted carmel apple pie. This dessert was EXCELLENT and highly recommended as a closer to such a perfect meal.

You will not be disappointed if you come here - it was the highlight of our culinary adventures in the area!

• Visited April 2014
Oneonta, New York
“Outstanding from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I went to Bistro LeRoux for the first time while visiting Lake George this past weekend, and we already cannot wait to return to this restaurant!! Everything about our experience was outstanding from start to finish! Nicole took great care of us and was extremely knowledgeable about how the food is prepared. The bread has an olive oil and rosemary flavor and does not need any butter to enhance its flavor. We shared a crab cake appetizer and it was the best crab cake either of us have tasted! My husband's sirloin on his salad was so tender he could cut it with a fork and I had an incredibly flavorful Waldorf chicken dish. The food is on the expensive side, but it is absolutely worth the money because the food is extremely delicious. The restaurant was clean and the service was tremendous. This restaurant is a "must do" while in the Lake George area.