“Consistently good food”

Bistro LeRoux
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Bistro LeRoux, chef-owned and operated by culinary team Jacob and Tiffany Guay. Located at the corner of Bay Road and State Route 149, Bistro LeRoux blends the heritage inherent in its name with the innovation of its menu to offer a truly unique dining experience.Its menu offers sophisticated Adirondack Cuisine made with only the season’s freshest ingredients. Items range from its Veal Osso Bucco, to its Grand Marnier Bur Blanc Grilled Salmon. Bistro LeRoux is proud to also offer half-plate options to suit any appetite, and well as gluten-free and vegetarian meals. A full menu, including a children’s and dessert menu, can be viewed on this page. With so many options for dining, and a great selection of food brought to you in the spirit of family, all that’s missing from Bistro LeRoux is your company!Bistro LeRoux is open Wednesday - Sunday, (Closed Monday and Tuesday), from 5 pm to close.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My fiance and I frequent the Lake George area a few times a year and have been doing so for years. We had come to a point where we didn't want to eat all of the fried average tasting food that you get at restaurants in the Village (especially along the lake). We wanted some really good, tasty food. We certainly found what we were looking for in Bistro LeRoux.

The flavor and texture combinations are fantastic. We haven't ever had a bad meal there. We like the option of the small plates as it gives us the opportunity to try many different things. Plus, the menu always looks so good it's hard to pick just one thing. When eating out we don't typically get dessert but we always do here- the chocolate lava cake. It is out of this world. It is so moist and decadent and comes with chocolate peanut butter ice cream on the side. Plus, the staff is usually quite attentive and they aim to please.

My only constructive criticisms would be that they seem to only change up their menu twice a year. It would be nice if they introduced new things once per quarter. Also, the last 2 times here, the food was not quite as good as it usually was. Almost every dish came with risotto which wasn't flavored that well and there weren't as many textural elements to the dishes as there normally are. Also, the last chocolate lava cake was not as good as the countless of ones we've had there in the past. The food was still good but not at the level we've come to expect. These past couple of experiences are unusual so am hoping it was just a couple of off nights and not an indication of anything further. I look forward to my next trip here in Feb.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I recently dined at Bistro Le Roux. And other than the fact that is somewhat difficult to get a reservation there, our entire experience was excellent. (The difficulty getting a table is only a testament to the restaurant's popularity.)

Although the place was packed, we were seated at our table immediately. Although the restaurant was at capacity, our table was quiet and perfectly suited to a romantic dinner. We decided that since this was our first visit, we would order many small plates, which is absolutely the best way to go. Furthermore, our waitress was knowledgeable and gave us some great advice on what dishes we should sample, wine, etc. (I found all of the staff friendly and accommodating,) She also recommended that we try the house pommes frites--great tip. Our salad, appetizers, and dinner selections were excellent. I especially enjoyed their crab cakes.

After reading about the owners in an issue of Adirondack Life earlier this year, we had been looking for to dining here. Needless to say, we were not at all disappointed.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just surprised my partner for her bday for a getaway weekend to Lake George (we had never been there b/f). First of all, we LOVED Lake George, but second of all, we LOVED this restaurant! I had told them in advance it was a special bday dinner and it truly was scrumptious! Thank God for Tripadvisor.com or we never would have found this place. We're from Philadelphia, where really good restaurants are everywhere, so I held my breath and hoped that this place would live up to the reviews...and IT DID!! My partner and I are both vegetarian, so finding really delicious vegetarian meals is not always easy. However, I made it a point to tell the chef after dinner how this was truly one of the best meals I've ever had. And, our server, Francesca, was great, brining over a dessert with a candle in it w/o me needing to remind them during the meal (which I have found typical in many other restaurants I've visited for past bday dinners). I loved everything about the dining experience and highly recommend!!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding food and service. You must try the short ribs, empanadas and pommes frites. The staff was attentive and friendly! A true value for your money. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Lake George (Sagamore) for a get away weekend. We used Trip Advisor to find restaurants in the area. The top recommendation was for Bistro LeRoux. The rating is very well deserved. I strongly recommend having a relaxing and enjoyable meal at LeRoux. We had the Truffle fries and Short Ribs and they were terrific.