“Just like old times!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

A & W Root Beer Drive-In
Ranked #21 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: May also be called A&W Drive-In
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Just like old times!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

A coworker recently told me that there was an A&W Drive In restaurant still not far from our location. I couldn't believe my ears. As a teen, I loved going to A&W and having them come to your car, take your order and bring back a tray to hook onto your side window with delicious, tasty food and a delightful, refreshing root beer in a frosted mug!
Well, within 2 weeks I got a friend to take a short drive up to Lake George to experience our childhood days once again.
Some things do never change and this is certainly one of them!
We chose, since they did have outdoor seating, to get out of the car and go sit in a booth. Extremely prompt service to say the least. Food was out lickety-split too! I opted for a double cheeseburger, fries, a little cole slaw and of course, the root beer in a mug once again. I swear this tasted like the old days! I was in heaven with every bite but oh so full when I finished! I definitely will be returning and next time will have a hot dog and fries! Only drawback for the restaurant is the parking. With limited area to park, they definitely have a problem with all the cars trying to get into the restaurant area. I saw a couple cars park out on the side of the road and walk to a table. Hey......I'd do it too just to experience this place again! So glad they seem to be doing as well as they are!

Visited July 2014

Buffalo, New York
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had delicious burgers, hot dogs, fries and root beer floats. The food was great! The service was quick.

Middleburgh, New York
“Lake George tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We both got large root beer floats with vanilla. They were great, especially on a hot afternoon. The atmosphere is great, sit in the back shared by the pine trees. It was very busy but not too much of a wait.

Roseland, New Jersey
“Quick Lunch!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stopped here right after checking into our hotel across the street for a quick lunch. I ordered off the kids menu actually and the mac and cheese and fries were so good and the rootbeer I ordered was out of this world! However, my parents ordered burgers and said they've eaten better burgers at McDonalds. We stayed for three days in Lake George and every time we drove by it was packed. We had to park in the street. I liked the atmosphere of this little drive in but the food was average. Our waitress was friendly and the place (although outdoors) was clean for the most part. Probably one of the better meals we ate in Lake George!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephanie S
nh
“You can't visit Lake George without stopping here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

For this baby boomer, this is a must-visit place on every Lake George trip. It is a trip down memory lane. The burgers are excellent with plenty of toppings; char broiled - not fried. We had onion rings, and though not fresh, were still decent. You can't leave without getting a root beer float or just a nice cold mug of A&W root beer.