“Excellent burgers, a blast from the past!”

A & W Root Beer Drive-In
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: May also be called A&W Drive-In
Unadilla
“Excellent burgers, a blast from the past!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The burgers were excellent. I had the Papa Burger and my wife had the Bacon Double Cheesburger. The fries were pretty good. The root beers were served in the same glass mugs I remember as a child. I also had a regular slaw dog which was only average. The bun got soggy and started to fall apart from the cole slaw. My wife got the fried cheese curds and they tasted good as well.

You could be served in your car although there is not a great deal of parking. Other seating choices include a semi-indoor area with 4-6 booths, picnic tables under an awning and picnic tables with umbrellas. We chose to sit under the awning. The waitress served us fairly quickly. I was confused about where to pay and tried to pay at the window. I found out that the waitress takes the payment at the table like a lot of other restaurants.

All in all it was a great experience and the tab was less that $25 for the two of us.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank James F

Watertown,NY
“Yum..Can't wait for summer”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We drive 3 hrs to my son's place so he can take me here on my birthday. This is one of my favorite things to do in summer. I always have a chili dog, fries, & a root beer float. We love to sit at one of the picnic tables under the pine trees to eat & relax. The service is excellent. Word of warning if you get cold easily bring a sweater. Even in summer the cool mountain air & breezes may require long sleeves. After eating we sometimes drive back down the road to the outlet centers to shop. Beware on summer weekends traffic can be horrific.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank littlebirdie3
Orlando, Florida
“Great burgers”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just a little bit of the past. The food might not be the best,but, we are talking burgers and fries. Reminded me of when we were kids and a car hop came to the car on roller skates. The place has been here for as long as I can remember and stop by everytime I am in the area.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank debra h
Suffern, New York
“Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Super fast service, the food is awesome! and don't forget to order root beer :) Great place to visit

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Glen_and_Lisa
Southington, Connecticut
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Cute little set up, good food, felt old fashion and refreshing. The only thing that would help them is a bigger parking lot. :-) But there was never an empty spot every time we drove by and even when we stopped to get some food.

Visited July 2012