“Comfort Food, Fast Frendly Service”

A & W Root Beer Drive-In
Ranked #21 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: May also be called A&W Drive-In
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Comfort Food, Fast Frendly Service”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good chili cheese dogs, great floats, friendly service, all this in a tourist town, what more could you ask for??

• Visited July 2012

Mid-State, NY
“Classic Good Time”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just like you remember! The food is really good, the outside service is terrific and the prices are fair. Whenever we travel to LG we always make it a point to eat here! If memory serves me the kids meal come with a FREE ice cream!

• Visited September 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
“Old time charm”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

tough to get into the parking lot, but worth the try. Very nostalgic. Old time burgers and eats. Great root beer float. Try the cheesy chili fries.

Visited July 2012
Kenosha, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A W Root Beer hamburgers”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I grew up in Ashland Wi. and enjoyed going to the drive in many times a week with my girl friend. Burgers were .15 and a mug of beer was .05. That was in the late 40's and 1st half of the 50's, Long before Macdonalds came in. This burger drive in had a different type of burger, It was a Bar B que flavor, Burgers were fried then soaked in a Bar B q sauce that I have never tasted since then. The car hops were on duty from 10 AM to midnight evry day. Has any body ever heard of a B Q sauce used in A W resturants or drive inns. The owner was a friend of my fathers and offered me a job when I was 14 to wok in the back in the kitchen, I messed up and turned it down. If I would have I might have learned the recipe for the sauce which I wish I had now. I know this is no connection to this resturant but I just wanted to say how great A W was a part of growing up in th 40's and 50's as well as today.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank vickery f
tupper lake
“Old times”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I grew up in malone, ny. I remember being little and going to the A & W sometimes on Friday nites as a family. The root beer is still as tasty as then. It brings back memories. The food is still great. I look forward to this place every time we visit lake George.