“Amazing food and Great Hospitality”

The View Restaurant & Bay Bar
Ranked #68 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Amazing food and Great Hospitality”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food here was outstanding! The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I was here for a wedding which was beautiful. Right on the lake!

• Visited May 2014
dunhamsbay, General Manager at The View Restaurant & Bay Bar, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
LisaL,
Thanks so much for sharing with everyone your great experience. We do love our weddings here at The Bay. Our Sales Manager Lynn and Chef AJ enjoy making each one special in its own way.

Regards,
Matthew Taormino HGM, GM
Dunham's Bay Resort
Lake George, NY

“Don't get married here”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My fiancé and I stopped in for some information for our wedding and reception and the hostess was the rudest person. We are about to spend in excess of $25k in your business and you whisper under your breath as if we can't hear you. It was the most disrespectful experience we have had in any venue and we are so happy to have found another option on a cruise boat that was cheaper and so far the woman helping us plan has been fantastic. Avoid this place.

Visited May 2014
Dear JoeD176,
Sorry to hear of your experience. My staff is trained to be well mannered and accommodating. Hosting close to 40 weddings a year within our short season I believe is proof that we are not rude. If you had chosen to take the time to pass along more of what you experienced I would truly take the time to correct any issue. I do hope your special day is all you would like it to be.
Regards,
Matthew Taormino, HGM, GM
Dunham's Bay Resort
Lake George, NY
melbourne
“Used to be better”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I really like the atmosphere at this casual breakfast or lunch café. I used the love the salads, but the last 3 visits has proven that the portions have decreased and the prices have gone up! Around $21 for a normal size salad is a little pricey for my liking.
The meat platter we shared on the last visit was so disappointing that we may not go back - which is so upsetting as I used to love going there!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jrg200
Dear Jrg200,
I thank you for the review but feel you might have mistaken us for another venue. We were not opened in January for Breakfast/Lunch. Our only service at that time of the year was dinner. We also do not have what you refer to as a meat platter. Is you happen to visit us in the future please call your attention to us as "The View" at Dunham's Bay Resort..
Wynantskill, New York, United States
“5 Course Moonshine Dinner”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

YeeHaw! What a dinner it was. On October 25, 2013, 10 friends and family from Wynantskill NY trekked up to Lake George for the Moonshine Dinner. We didn't really know what to expect, but General Manager Matt Taormino gave us a play by play on each course of the meal that Chef A.J. Richards prepared. The 32 mile green salad, Smoked Paprika Corn Chowda', Tomato Basil Corn Pomodoro with Homemade Pasta, main course choices of Alligator Sausage soaked in moonshine, Shine brined Fried Chicken, or Blackened Catfish were all delicious as per the folks at my table. The dessert of Open Apple pie was just the topper for all of the other wonderful dishes that were infused with the local moonshine prepared and delivered by Lake George Distilling Company. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxing, just perfect for a grand meal with good friends and family. As the table were set up for 8 at a table round, special arrangements were made by the Director of Operations, Richard Gordon, for all 10 of us to be seated comfortably together at a square table. Table visits were made by the Director of Operations to be sure we were having a good time, that we were enjoying ourselves, and ask if there was anything we needed. The Chef was amazing. He came out at the end and roamed table to table answering questions, and for one guest, ME, gave a recipe away for one of the courses. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for quality food, excellent service, and comparable prices. Bon Appetit!

• Visited October 2013
Saranac Lake, NY
“A disappointment”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friend and I were the only ones in the restaurant for lunch. We asked if we could sit outside (the weather and view of Lake George were beautiful) and were told no, I guess because it was off-season. I had a dried-out veggie burger that crumbled into little pieces. My dessert was an apple cake-like thing that was also dried out. The waitress was very pleasant, although, if I were her, I would have made the extra steps and served us outside. No one else was there!

Visited September 2013