“Used to be better”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
melbourne
“Used to be better”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I really like the atmosphere at this casual breakfast or lunch café. I used the love the salads, but the last 3 visits has proven that the portions have decreased and the prices have gone up! Around $21 for a normal size salad is a little pricey for my liking.
The meat platter we shared on the last visit was so disappointing that we may not go back - which is so upsetting as I used to love going there!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jrg200
dunhamsbay, General Manager at The View Restaurant & Bay Bar, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Jrg200,
I thank you for the review but feel you might have mistaken us for another venue. We were not opened in January for Breakfast/Lunch. Our only service at that time of the year was dinner. We also do not have what you refer to as a meat platter. Is you happen to visit us in the future please call your attention to us as "The View" at Dunham's Bay Resort..

Wynantskill, New York, United States
“5 Course Moonshine Dinner”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

YeeHaw! What a dinner it was. On October 25, 2013, 10 friends and family from Wynantskill NY trekked up to Lake George for the Moonshine Dinner. We didn't really know what to expect, but General Manager Matt Taormino gave us a play by play on each course of the meal that Chef A.J. Richards prepared. The 32 mile green salad, Smoked Paprika Corn Chowda', Tomato Basil Corn Pomodoro with Homemade Pasta, main course choices of Alligator Sausage soaked in moonshine, Shine brined Fried Chicken, or Blackened Catfish were all delicious as per the folks at my table. The dessert of Open Apple pie was just the topper for all of the other wonderful dishes that were infused with the local moonshine prepared and delivered by Lake George Distilling Company. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxing, just perfect for a grand meal with good friends and family. As the table were set up for 8 at a table round, special arrangements were made by the Director of Operations, Richard Gordon, for all 10 of us to be seated comfortably together at a square table. Table visits were made by the Director of Operations to be sure we were having a good time, that we were enjoying ourselves, and ask if there was anything we needed. The Chef was amazing. He came out at the end and roamed table to table answering questions, and for one guest, ME, gave a recipe away for one of the courses. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for quality food, excellent service, and comparable prices. Bon Appetit!

• Visited October 2013
Saranac Lake, NY
“A disappointment”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friend and I were the only ones in the restaurant for lunch. We asked if we could sit outside (the weather and view of Lake George were beautiful) and were told no, I guess because it was off-season. I had a dried-out veggie burger that crumbled into little pieces. My dessert was an apple cake-like thing that was also dried out. The waitress was very pleasant, although, if I were her, I would have made the extra steps and served us outside. No one else was there!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Janis B
Ashfield, Massachusetts
“unacceptable”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

the "view" shown on the website is not from any table I saw at this restaurant. Maybe the picture is from an outside table, maybe. The food, a spinach salad - spinach from a local CSA - was inedible. So many wilted/fermented leaves, neither my friend nor I could stomach it. Also the table water, despite having lemon added tasted like chlorine. I will say the wait staff was friendly, but when we complained about our meals all we got was a sheepish, "I'm sorry." I was looking for a restaurant with a nice view of the lake, what I got was an establishment I'll never return to and recommend you not go there either.

• Visited September 2013
Bohemia, New York
“Another one not worth it”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not worth what they charge and the food wasn't all that good. Other better places around for the same, if not less, money.

Visited August 2013