“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ali Baba Express

Ali Baba Express
Ranked #44 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: They are basically Turkish, however they call themselves Mediterranean. Check out their site. Also the phone Number is 518-668-2037. Or simply check them out. They're great.
Sewell, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Looking for dinner after an afternoon of white water rafting we happened upon this Mediterranean gem. My husband, myself and our 3 kids(11, 14, & 16) enjoyed the most delicious, fresh, hearth baked bread with tziziki sauce followed by gyros, curried chicken platters and huge glasses of sour cherry juice. Even my picky 11 year old son loved his food! The service was great as well!
We will return for sure if we get back to LG!

Visited August 2013

Media, Pennsylvania
“Ali Baba Express- Delicious and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in Lake George only for the day, as we were visiting family in Lake Luzerne. We had no idea where to eat- as there are so many restaurants to choose from. And, we were so glad we chose Ali Baba Express. The Turkish bread - pronounced lavash- or for better description- puff bread- was a real surprise and delicious. The Greek salad was a chopped salad and was wonderful and we had a falavel sandwich, with just the right amount of everything. The host and servers were very friendly and the atmosphere inviting. I wish there was an Ali Bab closer to home!

Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Top ethnic food in Lake George area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Tremendous Turkish food, unexpected in the Lake George area with so many standard tourist fare restaurants selling overpriced, mediocre fare. The lavash bread is a must. Chicken is cooked perfectly (moist and flavorful), lamb chops are delicious and all of the dishes are well seasoned. A gem of a find!!

Lake George, New York
“best lake george has to offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Am a local resident and have never had Turkish food. Was delighted at this lamb entree--------can't wait to return. definitely worth it..not spicy-just delicious.

Chestertown, New York
“Unusual and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

One thing we realized after moving to this area is it's hard to find ethnic cuisine that one can get in a more metropolitan area. Ali Baba was a pleasant surprise. The food is wonderful, Lavash breads baked in a brick oven in a few minutes. Greek salad is delicious, so are the Turkish dishes. If you are used to eating gyros in the diner, don't miss Ali Baba's gyro. It's huge, on fresh baked bread, full of meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, tazimi and spices. Top it off with baklava and Turkish coffee. Great atmosphere right across from the park in Lake George, the owners and staff are very friendly and accommodating. We try to go at least once a week for lunch and sometimes dinner too. I highly recommend it.

I am a new member of trip advisor who has been accused by the owner of Suzie Q's in Brant Lake in a rebuttal to my negative review of having ulterior motives and not reviewing his restaurant right after my last visit. If I had known trip advisor existed at the time we stopped going there, I would have. He seems to think I only publish negatives, he didn't respond to the actual problem I described and how my family was treated and he expressed concern that we might never be able to find a place we like to eat. Well, here it is. Another 10 minutes down the Northway and well worth the trip for the great experience you will have. I will publish a few more recommendations of GOOD restaurants in the area as well. Enjoy your trip!