We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Great Lake George fare”
Review of Ali Baba Express

Ali Baba Express
Ranked #41 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Mediterranean
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: They are basically Turkish, however they call themselves Mediterranean. Check out their site. Also the phone Number is 518-668-2037. Or simply check them out. They're great.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Greek salad and gyros were made of only the very freshest ingredients. Great food at very reasonable prices. And friendly people.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank sydney2952
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a ReviewReviews (264)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language

199 - 203 of 264 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were a group of 9 when we visited this place and we were a very hungry lot.

We quite literally ordered everything that they had on the menu and I must say that we didn’t like even a single dish they served.

The food is ridiculously expensive for a make-believe take-away store and the attitude of the manager was pathetic.

The food was not cooked to a standard so a human being can consume it. A couple of us almost got raw stuff served.

When we complained to the manager, his answer was that ‘I cannot satisfy everyone. 80% of the people who come here like the food and I am happy about it.’

Obviously 80% of the people who went to eat at his place could have liked it because the rest of the 20% were real tourists who have been to real Turkish restaurants all around the world and never liked this place because they serve junk and call it Turkish food.

My humble request to anyone who even has a thought to go to this place is to get on the road to NYC and eat in a Turkish restaurant here. The money you would have paid in a Turkish restaurant in NYC + your travel expenses + the pain you too to travel 4 hours, are in my opinion, lesser than the pain of putting your body through the junk food they serve and the exuberant cost they demand for it.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
1  Thank Suryavarman
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The mediterranean pizza was a surprise and the appetizer bread and dip were awesome all at affordable prices

Thank Travellingpants
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

On first visit we loved the lavash bred with yogurt sause and the doner (gyro) sandwitch. We went the next day for lunch and ordered the very expensive grilled lamb chops. They came and looked and tasted awfull - greasy and with bad smell like when the lamb was cooked the day before and then reheated before serving. The 20 something year old "chef" insisted that he cooks everything fresh and did not take them from our bill. Not going back.

    • Food
1  Thank bhalilov
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Food tasted great but the after effects were 2 days with a GI bug for me and my husband. Very picey for the small portions.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
1  Thank RMLevy
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Ali Baba Express also viewed

 

Been to Ali Baba Express? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing