“Will never stay there again”

Rodeway Inn Springhills Lake George
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New York City, New York
“Will never stay there again”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Walked into room, daughter noticed balloon on picture frame, which turned out to be a condom.
Was quoted one price then charged another on bank statement.
Bed sheets stained, carpet was not vacummed , and room smelled. Go else where

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nany E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am spoiled by my travels, with staying in Marriotts, and Hiltons, that Its hard to even think about staying in a place like a Rodeway Inn. AS I was looking for a place to stay, this was the cheapest place, as this area seems to be a beach town, and we all know beach towns inflate their rates during the summer time... Obviously I wasn't here for all that... but the room was pleasant, The Lady that checked me in was exceptional. The bed was comfortable, the TV had plenty of channels to choose from, and the parking lot was large enough for me to get the bus in.

The good part is, I'm back again for my second visit in two weeks, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks again Rodeway Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BSmith0731
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nothing to write home away, but it was fine and conveniently located to the Village of Lake George. On a side note, viewing the July 4 fireworks on Lake George was nice, but the traffic afterwards was a nightmare. We sat in the car for an hour (and we waiting until 11:30 pm to leave) before moving. Once off the main drag we were able to get to the hotel very quickly as it is close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dfonyc
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

to preface this review, i have worked in the hospitality industry for the last ten years. I arrived at 7 pm on a Friday. The parking lot had about three cars in it. My thought was slow season. I walked through the front door to the front desk, did't see anyone at first as she was sitting. on the front desk was a sign taht stated early arrivals and late departures are subject to a fee of around $40 (this to me screams that this place is unfriendly and unaccommodating) The older lady who checked us in was very polite, went out of her way to make sure that i knew all about the town, even made it a point to hand me the local paper. My fiance put her things down in the room and went to use the bathroom, a second later she informed me that we are moving to another room. The toilet still had crap in the bowl, there was soap still next to the sink from the previous guest. We also noticed that the comforter had a large tear on one side. We went up to the front desk and asked to move, of course the room we originally had was at the end of the hall on the first floor. The nice lady who checked us in apologized and explained that they have a lot of new foreign students that just started. She then walked us down to our new room, and checked to make sure everything was fine. She did explain that in the fall the hotel will be going through a renovation. The linens in the room were fine. the furniture was dated. the chair was slightly stained. the carpet needs to be replaced or have a good shampoo bath, it looked dirty when clean. I did find it odd that the phone and the alarm clock were on the other side of the room (not next to the beds). Found out why when i went to plug in my Cpap machine and cell phone charger. There is one outlet on the bedside and its behind the beds. After meeting with family for the night, we returned to the hotel at about 1am. The same woman who checked us in was still there. the following morning i woke up to a clock-radio kinda of tuned to a station going off at around 6am, figured it was a vacant room as when i returned there were 13 cars in the parking lot. it was faint and not really noticeable when i turned the tv on. I didn't report to the front desk. I checkout at around 8 am. Same nice lady was still there (explains why she sits, she works crazy long hours) I told her i was checking out a day early to spend the night at my families house, and asked for a zero balance receipt. She said she did't know how to give receipts by made me a copy of my registration card. I decided to stop by later when someone else was there to get a copy. I returned around noon for a copy of my receipt, also to mention that i had two pending credit card authorizations, I should have only one. I think i spoke to a manager, he was about 50yrs had no name tag on, but had a Bluetooth in his ear. (the Bluetooth says to me that "i am too important to take the time with my guests" It's rude and disrespectful to me and to other guests and would not be tolerated at any property that i have worked at). When i inquired about the second approval and asked to make sure there wasn't a second approval code, he said there wasn't but he didn't even look; not even to humor me.

pros. the lady who checked me in was excellent. the location is great. right off the interstate (in fact if you don't stop at the light coming off the exit going north, you'll crash into the hotel after going over the front yard.) plenty of parking, even when at full. the grounds looked very nice

cons. the rooms are dated. not clean, electric outlets are in short supply. rude management (Bluetooth in ear and early arrival/late departure sign on desk)

i didnt use the pool, so i have no opinion about that. there also didn't seem to be any breakfast but the lady did point out coffee to us. we had breakfast plans already.

I would not return to this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jedadiah D

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's in a good location with a big parking lot. An elevator to the 2nd floor "would" have been nice for our heavy bags. Check in and out was fast and smooth. Friendly staff.
The outside pool looked well maintained. People enjoyed the grounds sitting in the shade. The room was big enough. The AC worked well. Nice TV, Fridge, Microwave, and a safe that we didn't use, that they charge $2.00 extra to have. Ice machine in the hall worked well.
There was an ironing board an iron. No coffee maker. They did have coffee in the morning, and nothing else. The bed was ok, but not overly comfortable. I loved the large windows. The curtains were beautiful, and they blocked outside light well.
The carpet did feel a bit dirty. The towels had that strong bleach smell. (I always bring my own soft bath sheet.)
The water in the shower was fine. The toilet tipped a little when you sat on it. There were a
few burn marks on the sink top. Looks like from past cigarettes. It's a non smoking room now.
The kids in the room next door were very loud but stopped before it got very late. We did get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Book online at choicehotels.com
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ladybug798
Phoenixville
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very conveniently located in beautiful area. Desk staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

Stayed 1 night of longer trip. Room very comfortable, great flat-screen TV, everything worked.

Two minor quibbles:

Room has no coffee maker. My room was right off the lobby (plenty of good joe in a.m.), but what if it had been upstairs and at a far end?

My room (at least) had no lamp on window side, where table and chairs were located - impossible to read and difficult to type into laptop after dark. Don't know if this is standard.

Basically, though, a very nice, clean place run by helpful people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Joe O
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our weekend get away in Lake George at this hotel. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and large. There was a clean microwave and fridge. My kids and husband loved the flat screen TV. So far this is my favorite place to stay in lake George. Great location too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family