“worst managed hotel ever!”

Rodeway Inn Springhills Lake George
Ranked #68 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed April 8, 2013

stayed here middle of March so still very cold and snowy in area. When I went to enter hotel all doors were locked and had to wait for the one worker to open a door so I could check in. There was no heat on in hotel and they had one space heater plugged in the hallway. After I checked in the worker had to run down to room to put heat on which took several hours to heat up. I asked why heat was not on and was told because "the owner is too cheap". When I flushed the toilet it ran until I jiggled the handle but I dare not ask for another room due to heat issue. Also noticed room was not throughly cleaned but was in decent enough shape. Next morning I went to check out the continental breakfast that they website said was included and none was to be found, not even a pot of coffee was available. I got my things and went to check out but no on was at front desk (too cold?). I dialed the front desk from lobby phone and same worker that checked me in answered. I told him that I needed to check out and needed a receipt. He sounded aggitated that I would ask but he finally came to front desk and then told me that he did not know how to print a receipt as he was not yet taught by owner but he did offer to hand write one which is not acceptable in business world. I asked about the breakfast and coffee and I was told that the owner does not put anything out if less then 5 rooms are rented. With all the hotels in this area I would have to be a fool to ever stay here again

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 20, 2013

we arrived late and waited 30 min between the two entrance doors for the clerk to appear,after paying there was no heat on in the rooms and it was winter so basically we could not sleep for hours before finally getting a bit of heat. will never stay or recommend this place. Also no breakfast in off season.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Room smelled, breakfast area had a sign that said you would be charged $40 if you took food out of it, to far to walk to lake George village($5 an hour to park anywhere in lake George) your better off spending a little more to stay in the village. Hotel is very dated, however there is always lots of rooms available.

Room Tip: Try the tiki hotel it looks nicer
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bob j
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had an event to attend the past weekend that would be ending late Friday night. So even though I live about 30 miles away, I decided to get a hotel for the night. I used Expedia and found this hotel and it sounded good for just one night. I got there and there was only one other car in the parking lot. Strange I thought. I went to the front doors and they were locked with a note to call a phone number to get someone to let you in!!! I called and the gentleman said that he just had to run to the store and he would be there in a few minutes. Once he got back, he unlocked the doors and let me in. I told him that I was more than a little concerned that the doors were locked when I got there. He assured me that it was fine. I finalized my room reservation. He handed me the key and sent me on his way. I asked him which way the room was and he did not know!!! I found my way to the room. I put all my stuff down and headed to my conference. When that was done, I got back to my hotel. The parking lot was completely dark and the doors were locked again. There was no one at the front desk! The next morning, I went looking for breakfast that was listed on the website – nobody was around at all. Desk still completely unstaffed and at this time my car was the only one there.

Do not stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bill P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

took our 5 year old for her first real vacation to Lake George. This was ok but not a great value. The room was clean as was the pool. The continental breakfast was so so. It was on the upstairs level in a very cramped area, with a sparse selection of items and no fruit. The light immediately inside the door of our room did not work. Bathroom was clean, housekeeping did a good job. We stayed for 2 nights. One advantage was getting "Great Escape" tickets at a greatly reduced price from the front desk. We booked through an online hotel site and someone our bill was about 3 dollars more than the online price, no big deal. The mattresses were not very comfortable. AC was very noisy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I decided to go up on Labor day weekend, It was my father, my husband my two teenage daughters & 5 year old son...we go up to LG about 3 times a year and never have an issue finding a nice place to stay, we hadn't taken in to consideration that it was a holiday weekend & man did we pay the price!!! The Rodeway was our last resort, at first from looking at in on the outside you see a giant sign that says "Indoor pool & Jacuzzi" the kids were excited about that, and also "free WiFi".... well we checked in and the first thing you smell is B.O as soon as you walk in, the lobby had an icecream cooler which was broken but the kids were very excited & we decided to give the place a chance anyway..we got two rooms, they were both extremely dirty & the smell of body odor was haunting us. we turned both AC units on hoping to air out the place a bit but that didn't work, in fact the one AC unit (Rm 129) didn't even cool the room off the entire stay. the carpet was SOOO dingy looking & the bathroom reminded me of a public restroom you'd see at a truck stop, there was pubic hair on the toilet & no extra toilet paper in one of the rooms. the tile was cracked everywhere on the floor & I felt like I needed to carpet the floor with towels just to stay safe... we couldn't find the "indoor pool or Jacuzzi" so we called the front desk & were told the sign was for the hotel that was closed up behind it. the WIFI was Spotty at best, I really felt as if i had brought my family to a discusting hooker hotel, the first night when we pulled down the sheets were disgusted by this PLASTIC cover on the mattresses that was SO uncomfortable and made a tone of noise when you moved, the sheets were dingy & the top quilt was Literally dirty looking. I wouldn't let my family sleep under them so we pulled them off and just used the sheets. the bed my husband & i slept in had a giant brown stain on the quilt that looked like feces. My dad had paid for the vacation so I felt terrible complaining about it. At about 11 am one of my daughters came over to our room holding a pair of Yellow underwear and told us she had found them crumpled up in the sheet!!!!! This is not a lie, anyone can email me about this! I was SO appalled I made her sleep in a different bed. the only thing semi nice about the place was the pool. the "free breakfast" consisted of a few slices of bread & a Tupperware container of opened cereal, there was a sign by the breakfast area that read, "if you take food to your room you will be charged a 40.00 fee" I do not know how this place is still opened. like I said the ONLY reason I did not have a fit and leave was because my father was nice enough to treat us to a vacation & he is older, it was all they had opened & my kids were very excited to be on vacation. there IS a sign that says you get discounts for giving them 5 stars on here that is the only reason people give them a good rating. DO NOT STAY HERE! its GROSS! the pillows were dirty, the room was dusty & the bed was an STD factory. I have stayed at EVERY hotel just about in LG and just like the tiki this one should be taken off the map.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cara g
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Overall it was a nice place to enjoy a vacation in lake george. The rooms were clean. The location is quiet yet close to all the activities and the main strip. The breakfast was good and the pool was clean! And thats all I need from a hotel. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends