“The Best!!”

The Lake George Windsor Motel
Ranked #55 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We recently spent a long weekend at the Windsor Motel for the Elvis/truck weekend. We find the motel to be the BEST location for walking into the Village, to the boat piers, and shopping, as parking is very limited and at meters. Elliott puts out an awesome continental breakfast every morning - fresh coffee, fruits, a good selection of bagels, etc., and always a different type of salad. This is your typical "mom and pop" motel - very clean, nothing fancy, but a very "homey" feel. Elliot and his wife are always very helpful and friendly - making everyone feel very welcome, and always available for light conversation. The pool is clean - always inviting!!! This is not our first stay here, and it will not be our last. We plan on coming back in August, and this is the only place we would consider staying at in Lake George. The rates are extremely reasonable for being at such a valuable location. Can't wait to return!!
The Anglers

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dibeau

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have stayed many times at the Windsor Motel with owner Elliott & wife Corey. They are warm fun loving people who run a great motel. The location is the best, walk to town, to the beach etc. The rooms are clean, the pool the best. Elliott's continental breakfast is so amazing and different. He makes a fruit salad that is unusual and tasty...

They are very friendly and make you feel at home....and eager to please. A great stay each time we go!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I took our children to Lake George for the first time this month. We were originally suppose to stay at another hotel, however, we needed to change our dates and could not find other accomadations that were in our budget in the time frame. We found the Windsor and it looked quaint online and after speaking with the owner, Elliot, we thought we were in for a pretty great spread as far as a free continental breakfast ( which consisted everyday of bagels cream cheese and watermelon ) no juice was offered for non coffee drinkers even... and access to the "large, private pool area" . we figured wth and went for it, the place is right in the heart of the village right!?! Well upon our arrival we were greeted with a shirtless, sweaty Elliot ( so professional right ). We went to our room to find a filthy, damp carpet, the air conditioner smelled of mold something awful. The beds were very uncomfortable and lumpy and the pillows were obviously old and flat. we asked the housekeepers to fill the complimentary soap in the shower which was never done. On top of all that small stuff there was a spanish family of about 15 people who were renting 3 rooms as well as the "condo". They were extremely rude with no regard for all the other guests. They had huge rafts, coolers, alcohol in the pool and were having a ton of fun smoking pot in a hookah poolside...not to mention climbing in and out of the "condo" windows and screaming, swearing and blasting their music. Myself as well as 4 additional rooms that we chatted with made numerous complaints to Elliot in regards to this matter because none of the other families could enjoy the pool ( which I could fill by spitting in it ) but NOTHING was done. The only positive thing I can say is that Elliot was very accomadating as far as his prices go...but had I known that our stay there would turn out the way it had I would have paid double to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ldubois78
innkeeper16, Owner at The Lake George Windsor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

My husband and I remenember the person who wrote this last review (just sad;) In the 14 years my husband and I have owned this motel we have never had a guest smoking hookahs at the poolside; we are after all a family owned operation. My husband distinctly remembers the situation which caused him to be shirtless, he was removing an air conditioning unit that was not working properly and did not want to get his shirt dirty. He does not usually work the front desk half naked. We welcome people of all races, colors creed and religion, if some of our guests do not feel the same way, that is" just sad:)"

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This little motel is in the heart of the Lake George Village and if you are looking for something reasonable in price, close to all the attractions, and that is hassle-free this is the place for you. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. They had a great sense of humor and I was even able to haggle the price a little bit. The rooms were nothing special, but if you are vacation you shouldn't be spending your time in the hotel anyway! As a place for strictly sleep it is perfect. The bed was comfortable, NO signs of bed bugs, and the bathroom tiles were nice and clean. There was nothing skeevy about this place. I know there was a pool, but I didn't end up looking at it. They served a small continent breakfast in the morning. Again, nothing fancy but the bagels and coffee were quite good. All in all, it was everything I was looking for on my short stay in the area and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ocean1185
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Just came back from the Lake George Windsor Motel, it was perfect.
The location was the best did not have to drive anywhere, the staff was helpful and the room was always clean.

The pool was refreshing could not have wanted anything more.

Will make the Lake George Windsor my place whenever I visit Lake George and you should too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

First time staying a drive up motel but felt right in Lake George to get the entire experience. Sorry, I forgot his name but the gentlemen who either owns or manages the motel was very attentive and helpful. Rooms were small but adequate, nice pool, good location to town. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sahmcock
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My wife and I stay here every year during Americade in June, The owners are wonder pleasant down to earth people and are a pleasure to deal with year after year. Our room was nice, clean, quiet, and offers a small fridge, ac, tv and our room had a nice new queen size bed. the atmosphere is very homey where everyone says hello, good morning and good night , during bike week usually everyone sits out front at night together and watches the parade of bikes going by. We have also stayed there other than bike week and have recently stayed in the "apartment" at the back of the hotel property. With a seperate entrance and parking from the rest of the hotel available on a back road it offers 2 bed 1 bath eat in kitchin and living room. Plenty of space for a family to stay together. as far as location, FANTASTIC, short walk into town close to everything. I look forward each year to staying there!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple