“cancelled on us after promising us a room!!!”

Adirondack Oasis Motel
Adirondack Oasis Motel
Ranked #75 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Broadalbin, New York
“cancelled on us after promising us a room!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

After researching an affordable overnight stay our children...one being autistic(hence the only one night need for a motel as he only likes to be away from home for so long)we came across this motel/cabin..rates were reasonable and we spoke to TWO employees who took our reservation and card info and reserved for us....we showed the kids the website which showed a pool,playground and basketball court and they were so excited...the next day another woman calls back and said she had to cancel our reservation because they dont book for just one night...i said to her that not one but two employees confirmed to us our stay and that our children would be very upest as they had seen the website and were so looking forward to it..she then replied to me..."oh their kids,theyl get over it"....I said she was a bad business woman and very unprofessional...she then screamed in my ear that shedidnt want us there anyway!!!I was so beside myself!!!THEN after threatening a bad review and a report to the BBB regarding her unprofessionalism before hanging up she must have thought twicwe...she called back and said"well I guess you can stay..we will take the loss of it only being one night and not 3"....I told her after the way she treated me on the phone that I wouldnt stay there if it were the last place on earth and that I was holding true to my promise to spread the word about the"customer service"at her establishment......if thats how they treat people on the phone I cant imagine how you would be treated in person....my children remain very disappointed...shame on her!!!bottom line you have to cancel within ten days as the customer but this motel can cancel on you in 12 hours if they get a bigger clan for a longer stay and can make more money...no matter how many little children the let down....when she first told me she couldnt accomidate us i even offered extra money...she then says how much are ya talkin exactly!!!!omg......speechless!!!!!

Room Tip: stay clear!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Traci B

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Lumpy mattress, torn bedspread - price $80 a night. Do not know if that is good or bad for Lake George. All else was ok.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was a throw back to motels of another era. The beds were so old and the springs in the mattress squeaked so loudly that we woke each other up when getting up to go to the bathroom. There was no shower head so the water came out in a fine needle like spray too painful to endure. There was no internet, no ice, no coffee available anywhere, no phone, no clock, but yes, there was a paper bath mat (which stuck to my wife's feet after her "shower").

The room was clean and the small fridge worked, but that exhausts the positives (we didn't use the pool so can't say how it was). It was not worth the $90 we were charged even on a Saturday night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My sister and I needed a place to stay for one night, and we ended up here. The very pleasant woman in the office gave us our room key after locating our room reservation on a huge poster board filled with boxes, that seemed to take the place of a computer. As soon as I went to check in, I started to think about how I was going to word my review!!!! (Sad, but true!) Our room had two double beds, a small table, a dresser, a night stand, a television, and a mini fridge. The bathroom was dated, but appeared clean...the shower was a small stall, the sink actually had a seperate hot and cold faucet, but my favorite feature was.........a paper bath mat!!!! I've never seen such a thing, but it actually worked!! Little soaps and plastic cups were supplied, which is always appreciated! There is a pool. We didn't use it, but it looked nice. As for location, this motel is located right next to an on, and off, ramp for 87. Perfect! If you have more than one vehicle per room, like we did, there is a huge gravel lot across the street. I parked there for about 30 hours, and had no problems. As for this motel's location to the heart of the village, it's a small hike, but totally do-able (if you don't mind a lil'exercise)!! For a Saturday night, in August, we paid $80. A great price!! Like we did, if you stay here, you must keep in mind that you are not paying a ridiculous amount of money for accomodations, so you cannot expect too much!! For one night, this motel was just what we needed!!! I would, for a night or two, stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2009

The hotel smell like cigarettes. Had to request an non smoking room. The sheets ahd long strains of hair all over it. I requested new sheets, and changed them myself. Towels are old as hell. And there rough on your body probably cause of how much they've been used. Shower curtain too small, water filled the bathroom after every shower. The beds are SUPER uncomfortable I had body aches when I woke up in the am. I even left earlier than check out just cause I was dying to get to my bed at home. AC very loud and takes forever to cool off room. The restaurant to the hotel is nasty. The breakfast we ordered was very disappointing. And last but not least old leftover trash was in the dresser. Unbelievable, the housekeeper is a half cleaner who deserves no tip. But the hotel is in a great location, lady in the office is a sweetheart, hotel has its own pool which we never used but its there. And the outside of the hotel looks beautiful. Misleading but beautiful. I dont recommend this place, theres so many hotels on that strip on Canada Street that is probably much better than here and a little more expensive. And the room must have had pets prior because Im allergic to animals and had allergic reactions for all the days I was there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple