All reviewsfire pitgrill and picnic tablebedroom cabinadirondack chairsair conditionerlocation is greatofficelinenspropertytowelsporchprivacytrolleybarbecuefurniturelake
Reviewed July 3, 2018

I am SO HAPPY I chose this property to stay at for a few days during my daughters wedding. We rented the 2b 2b house on the property. It was CLEAN BEYOND BELIEF! It was updated and quiet and it HAD A/C UNITS!!!

They provided towels, all bedding, utensils, pots, dish soap etc. Thank god because that was one less thing I had to think of.

There is a really nice area with 8 or so plastic adirondack chairs around a huge firepit, which is were we hung out with friends and family and had an amazing time!

John the owner and Heather the manager were awesome! thanks for letting us check out late and bringing us wood after we said we were good for the night. I plan on coming back!

Room Tip: master room and living room are on same cable box.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank moshmomma
Reviewed July 1, 2018

My husband and I choose to go to a different place each year for our anniversary . I have been to Lake George before and wanted him to go and see the sights since he has never been . So I set up a reservation at Forset Hill Lodge at one of their Cabins way in advance so we would be all set in May .But boy was I in for a surprise!! Upon our arrival we went to the office and there was a woman who did not give us her name but when I gave her my name and told her we had reservations for a cabin she replied" no you have reservations for a motel room." I again said no we have reservations for a cabin for 2 nights and here is my reservations and my payment information. She took the paper and read it and then said" I will have to call the new owner and see what he wants to do about this because there is no cabins available and you do have a hotel room for 2 nights." I said no we have a reservation for a cabin and that is what we are planning on having." .She called the new owner and he said from what she told us that" we would be put in cabin # 3,but remember there are no available cabins is what she had said to us. So where and how is this number 3 cabin all of a sudden available?? So we were put in the 3 3 cabin and that was a big mistake. First let me tell you the fridge had the freezer door off, and was not plugged in and seemed not cleaned inside,then it was cold that night and the heat did not work, then the shower was so tight that I felt like I was in a closet. The sink in the bathroom was not even finished under the sink and the toiletpaper holder was off the wall so toilet paper was on the back of the toilet tank. Then the lady gave us a fan/heater that kept shutting off due to outlet could not take the amps so I had to use the outlet or the A/C ,but that was right under the A/C which was right outside bathroom door which was right near the couch/futon arm so every time you went in or out of bathroom you had to climb over cord or unplug it and I kept smashing my leg on the futon/ couch arm and making a black and blue on my leg .not to mention the cord issue. Plus we were to nervous to keep heater running while we slept so we were cold at night. Then the windows only had tiny little latches on them which were not very safe which made me nervous and not to mention how flimsy they were to. No real privacy either kitchen had the tops for the living room curtains and no bottoms so half of the kitchen windows were not covered at all. I had to use two towels I had brought just for our own privacy in the kitchen since people were walking past our window looking in. Then in the bedroom windows were rattling just like the kitchen. Very unsafe. The place looked like someone had been really living there and was supposed to be fixing it up. I feel we paid over 600.00 dollars for 2 nights and we had a terrible unsafe and miserable time and were treated miserable meaning this person made me feel like I lied and was supposed to have a motel room and just gave us a crappy cabin and made us pay top dollar and knew it was in need of repair and did not care. I would not go back there and feel it is awful that they charged us over 600 dollars and we had such an awful place to stay at.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank Donna J
ForestHillLodging, Owner at Forest Hill Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thanks again for another negative review in a separate location. Unfortunately you had set the tone for your vacation upon walking in the office rudely waving your papers in our managers face pointing fingers. The reservation papers you had brought confirmed you had a motel rental not a cabin. The fact that it did not say cabin rental along with the price you originally paid to book the room proved this. Also the representative at booking.com also confirmed it was a motel room. However since you wanted a cabin we gladly offered you one because we had one available. Now yes it was cold and the cabins are not heated because we are seasonal rentals. We did provide you with a safe space heater and blankets. The fridge was unplugged so we plugged it in for you. While there were a couple requests you had while staying we acted professionally and swiftly to try and make your stay as pleasant as possible but it was clear you could not be pleased no matter how hard we tried.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Forest Hill is a very nice place to stay for a short or long vacation. Everyone were satisfy with the cabins. The place was clean. Bathroom and rooms were very comfortable. I was surprise that we have so many pots. Manager and workers were very friendly and polite. Thank you

Room Tip: Need more heavy blankets. Its the only problem but everything else was good
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2018

That very good place, we are five persons in the cabin and all the people like it,
Charcoal , fire place , and the site is very clean.The personals is very good .
And I will return in a future time.
Thank you for hospitaily.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Had trouble with front door. Wasn’t known by manager that it didn’t close properly but was fixed right away. Shower was not used cause it wasn’t inviting.microwave was a big problem too. Well think twice in future

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple