Fran Cove Motel
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Nordick's Inn(Lake George)
View Hotel
The Lake George Inn(Lake George)
Pinebrook Motel(Lake George)
  • Breakfast included
Lake Haven Motel(Lake George)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this hotel based upon the many positive reviews on TA. People were very nice, the hotel was inexpensive, clean, and conveniently located. However, the room smelt musty, and the beds were uncomfortably soft. In hindsight, I would have rather spent more and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sb1099
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here one night enroute to Montreal. It was basically the cheapest lodging in the area that had good reviews, but it definitely met my needs. The location is convenient--right off I-87 and the room was clean.

Contrary to what others have mentioned, my room was not dark or musty and the bed was decently comfortable. When we arrived, the woman at the desk already turned on our AC so that the room wouldn't be too warm, which was much appreciated. She also wrote the wifi password on our receipt (which was also clearly written on a sign at the check-in desk), so I'm not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about with the trouble getting wifi codes.

The check-in time was limiting for me since I had to head up after work and I don't live that close. The front office is only staffed until 10pm. If you'll be arriving after 9pm, you have to let them know and you can only check in after 11pm in an emergency. That said they were very accommodating of my 10pm arrival.

The bath towels are a bit small, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a budget hotel. Our shower didn't have shampoo or conditioner, only a bar of soap. Not sure if that was a mistake, but it wasn't a big deal for me since I brought my own toiletries.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked large and clean. There was also free coffee from 8am-10am, which is right outside the front office. Strange that it is outside, but I didn't think it was a big deal as others seem to think.

Overall I was happy with my stay, although I was only there for one night.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PiperNYC
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice staff - a very clean and tidy appearance when you drive in. The room we got was a tad dark - could use another table lamp or two to balance the lighting. The bed was very comfortable and all in all we got a good night's sleep. But the thing that needs improving are the bathroom towels - the ones we had really should be replaced. But the room had a (small) HD Flat panel TV, a refrigerator, and super convenient parking. For the price it was a great value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good value for 1 night, but the room was very dark and dingy. The walls seemed to be bare concrete and the room claustrophobic. Although free coffee was served in the mornings, we did not like the fact the the coffee machine was kept outdoors 24/7, and quite close to the entrance and the road - so avoided this.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lordbinns
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fran Cove is a great place to stay especially if you are looking for clean and budget friendly. We have stayed in numerous hotels in all price ranges. This hotel was hands down our favorite. We rented the two bedroom suite. It was spacious enough for our family of five. I had the pleasure of being checked in by Tim, the owner who was friendly and welcoming. The pool was sparkling clean and the girls loved the playscape. We walked to the village every night because the weather was gorgeous and honestly not too far away. This family takes cares of its guest at an affordable price. We are looking forward to a repeat trip next Labor Day weekend.

Room Tip: Two Bedroom suite is well worth the price!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family