“I have a new favourite golf course!”

Top of the World Golf Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For years guests have been coming to our resort to golf, relax and revitalize with friends and family in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. Enjoy all the rustic charm the Adirondacks has to offer with a breathtaking view from Top of the World. Tucked away in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains with spectacular views of Lake George and the surrounding countryside, Top of the World Resort offers a challenging eighteen hole golf course and the complete Adirondack Inn experience, with fine dining at our restaurant and a charming bed & breakfast. The View from The Top Of The World Golf Course is truly the best kept secret in The Adirondacks. The course sets on the top of French Mountain. From this point you can see the mountains of Vermont to the east as well as beautiful Lake George.
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Absolute gem of a place. Very friendly staff, from the bar to the groundskeeper who went out of his way to water greens around our pace of play! The scenery is stunning, so bring your camera with you. The course is a bit of a beast in places and the back nine is not recommended for walking! I know - I walked it! Next time I will pay the extra for a cart! My wife and I played after 2.00pm and took advantage of the twilight special - $15 for 18 holes and $10 for 9 holes. Absolute bargain and can't wait to play this course again! We had very reasonably priced wings, craft beer and wine in the bar. I can personally recommend "Common Soul', one of the Craft Beers on tap. One word of warning! The 14th hole is pure evil!

Date of experience: August 2017

Reviewed October 5, 2016

Great place, spectacular views on part of the course. Well maintained and I chipped one in!!! day was chilly, but still had a wonderful time! Would definitely go back again. While there there was a wedding and we couldn't play the last hole, but other than that, very happy with it.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Well maintained course. Went on a Wednesday morning and course was pretty empty that day, so was able to tee off immediately despite not having a tee time.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016

We were visiting friends at Lake George and decided to play a round of golf. We went to the Top of the World course and it was outstanding. The views of Lake George were stunning! The course is in great shape. The proprietors were very friendly and when it began to rain, they offered us a rain check to play the back nine again.

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank FJMUTO
See more reviews
Reviewed March 15, 2016

Not sure about the golf since I do not play the game but the location is one of the best in the area. Great view of the Lake. Take the 3 mile ride out of the village on NY 9L, turn up Lockhart Mountain Road (aka Lockhart Road) through the stone gates to the top of the hill. Turn around and take a peek! Outstanding. Stop in and have a drink at the the Golf Course Bar or have lunch at the Grill.

Date of experience: March 2016