“Great hidden gem, perfect weekend getaway”

Top of the World Golf Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For years guests have been coming to our resort to golf, relax and revitalize with friends and family in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. Enjoy all the rustic charm the Adirondacks has to offer with a breathtaking view from Top of the World. Tucked away in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains with spectacular views of Lake George and the surrounding countryside, Top of the World Resort offers a challenging eighteen hole golf course and the complete Adirondack Inn experience, with fine dining at our restaurant and a charming bed & breakfast. The View from The Top Of The World Golf Course is truly the best kept secret in The Adirondacks. The course sets on the top of French Mountain. From this point you can see the mountains of Vermont to the east as well as beautiful Lake George.
Reviewed September 18, 2015

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend and ended up eating here every night the food was so good. Chelsea reallllly knows what she's doing. I was there with my parents and girlfriend and all of us agreed there wasn't one "dud" on the menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. Her Chelsea's chicken is a signature dish that lives up to the other reviews on this site and her chocolate cake was delightfully rich but not too sweet you could only take one or two bites before tapping out. She came right out to our table each meal and said hello too. We played golf twice and loved it. The course is hilly and narrow but very fun. I suppose it could be slightly more groomed but overall it was a great experience. The 10th hole boasts an incredible view of the lake. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 28, 2015

Our family loved the theming of this course. It is also relatively flat, which made it easy for our family member in a wheelchair to join in the fun. It's right on the lake and offers free parking for golfers...and spectacular views. Would definitely recommend. Worth the price!

1  Thank JDough14
Reviewed July 27, 2015

The course is just... OK at best but the views were nice.. odd layout and fairways were loaded with clover and grass that was too long. Best part was the greens at least.

1  Thank TBRacingLover
Reviewed July 1, 2015

This was our first time golfing in Lake George, after many years doing the boys golf weekend in Lake Placid. I didn't know what to expect and since I was the one that organized all the trips, I was on the hot seat. As I said, they need to post better pictures on their site. The first couple holes were a good warm up and then it turned into some really interesting target golf. It was great. Very pretty spot. A stand out was also the club house, this beautiful, rambling older country house, with a great lunch and libations. The staff were great and we enjoyed playing a second round on the same day. I wouldn't say the course is average, maybe my definition of average is jaded from what I experience in Ottawa, ON.

1  Thank Richard H
See more reviews
Reviewed November 8, 2014

We played the Top of The World as part of a golf weekend with a group. The course is an old style course in good condition, not too challenging, but fair. The views & price are the amazing aspect of this course. Sitting atop of a small mountain overlooking lake George, you really take it all in. The staff was nice and very accommodating, which all in all, made for a fun day of golf.

2  Thank ksl64