“Breath taking views of the lake and the moutians”

Top of the World Golf Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For years guests have been coming to our resort to golf, relax and revitalize with friends and family in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. Enjoy all the rustic charm the Adirondacks has to offer with a breathtaking view from Top of the World. Tucked away in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains with spectacular views of Lake George and the surrounding countryside, Top of the World Resort offers a challenging eighteen hole golf course and the complete Adirondack Inn experience, with fine dining at our restaurant and a charming bed & breakfast. The View from The Top Of The World Golf Course is truly the best kept secret in The Adirondacks. The course sets on the top of French Mountain. From this point you can see the mountains of Vermont to the east as well as beautiful Lake George.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This stop is worth it just for the views! Truly you feel like you are "On Top of the world".
The golfing is fun as well however I did not do that, my husband did and really enjoyed the greens and the course layout.
We had packed a picnic but I am sure there is a snack bar if not a public restaurant. Just take a drive up there especially in the fall! the foliage is astounding!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Lovely course on top of hill overlooking Lake George. Interesting holes, fair challenges. Course maintenance is appropriate, especially considering the rough winter they experienced. Quickly caught up with a foursome including family of the owners; had a nice short conversation (would have enjoyed a longer chat), nice folks, they let me play through. The reason this isn't a five star review is sloppy support. I rented clubs (for a reasonable $10). Didn't check them carefully, on arriving at first tee saw I had been given three nine irons, missing many others, also some clubs were short clubs for women and unsuable. Assortment of brands, most of them oldish, all of them uncleaned from the time they were used by the previous golfer. Exchanged two of the nine irons for other clubs. Let's say the set was adequate, barely. I usually walk a course, but took a cart so my wife could join. (She wasn't allowed to walk). Cart was dirty, with caked in dirt from years of service. Old, gasoline-powered carts (carts in principle are bad enough, but at least they should be electric). Not a single amenity like a couple of tees in the cart. Pity. Clubs and cart didn't spoil a pleasant morning, but ...

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Well kept great view..good value for your money..its def hidden in the middle of nowhere though. The view is spectacular!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This golf course has great views. We started off golfing as a family only to stop at the third hole due to a thunder storm. My husband returned to play the course and really enjoyed it. Having made other plans for next day, our teens and I missed out on the remaining holes. It was very warm the day my husband played. He enjoyed the refreshment cart that came around with cold drinks. The course had been busy but play was steady and at a good pace.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The course is very nicely laid out and was not crowded. The greens were inconsistent and kind of slow. The course is pretty wide open and was good for us to play. One of our golfers had not played in a long time and she felt comfortable and enjoyed playing.

The course was not crowded when we played which put no pressure on us and made the round very enjoyable. You can see Lake George from the clubhouse and the view is beautiful

1  Thank Cliff S