“Pancakes were the only good thing.”
Review of Jaspers Steaks & More - CLOSED

Jaspers Steaks & More
“Pancakes were the only good thing.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I felt rushed. The food was kinda cold. The omelettes were small. The pancakes were the best I've ever had. They were the only thing that made up for the rest. The coffee was good too. Be prepare to wait a while to be seated.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank U for welcoming small Dog!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We always come here for breakfast. Staff is most welcoming, accomodating & attentive!! Our wonderful waitress, tall black hair :-) ...immediately brought out bowl of water for our dog. Thank you soo much for allowing small pets! More & more families now travel with their pets. not only are they family but also in these times, more are traveling by car & opting to not put pets in pricey kennels. So thank you! Food is also Delicious! Had strawberry pancake special, french toast, steak & egg. We've come here for years on our yearly visits and have always had pleasant experience! Thank you!

Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible, terrible experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Decided to go to Jasper's for breakfast with my family. Lucky for my youngest, he just ordered toast but for the rest of us, watch out! We waited forever for someone to even wait on us. They charged us extra to have cheese on our omelet (yes, on not in.. one slice of cheese-). I never heard of an omelet not coming with cheese. My daughter's french toast consisted of one slice of french toast for $5.00. Portions are very small but the cost was very high. Then we needed to use the bathrooms and they were filthy. Worst experience we have ever had in Lake George.

1 Thank momincharge1011
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Not the best place for breakfast”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped here one morning for breakfast. We enjoyed the outside dining, but that was about it.
We were seated pretty quickly, and then no one came over to us except the bus boy to see if we had been taken care of yet. We were probably there about 15-20 minutes before they took our order and they were not busy. There were no combination meals. Eggs came with toast and that was it. Everything else was extra and not cheap. A plain omelet was almost $6, then they charge extra for anything else you want in it. Won't be going back there again.

• Visited August 2013
“First and last breakfast there!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We are always looking to try new eateries in and around the Lake George area during our annual trip. I can say this visit for breakfast was our worst experience thus far! First and foremost, the booths are the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in any place ever! After my family were seated, a waitress promptly took our order (this initially impressed us but it was all downhill from there) . I ordered 2 eggs and a bagel , my son got the Hershey & ice cream pancakes, and my wife ordered an omelet with peppers,onions,mushrooms,home fries , and sausage (keeping in mind the offer a plain egg omelet and charge you .85 per add in which can end up being a $12 omelet real fast) Order came in a timely manner . My eggs and bagel were doing a backstroke in grease. My wife was missing the sausage in her omelet , and my son's meal was surprisingly good. When my wife pointed out the missing item, the waitress made no attempt to fix it. She only said she would take the sausage off the bill (which the entire resteraunt could hear) ! Her only reply was that it was all the " young helps fault" In the end, we conclude we are in line with most of the reviews on here. These places can keep providing bad food/service etc for years because of the tourists. This place in small town USA would be history on a month !