“Disappointed with the food”

Adirondack Restaurant & Resort Dining
Ranked #68 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We read some of the reviews and were looking forward to enjoy a great meal with a view. We made reservations but was seated on the patio (felt more like a hallway) supposedly for better view.

For appetizers, we ordered tomato soup, chilies mussels, corn-on-the-cob and the farm greens. The tomato soup was too thick and tasted more like pasta sauce with puréed vegetables. The mussels were good, but the corn was burned and dry.

For main courses, we ordered cheeseburger (medium well) with fries and the pasta. The cavatelli pasta was plain and not very tasty (the smoked tomatoes were the only additions that made this an "edible" dish). The hamburger came out way undercook (with blood dripping) and the bun was very dry.

Our waitress was too busy serving the big group in the patio and never came by to check on us. When she came by to collect the dinner dshes, she asked about our dinner. She did apologize for not checking on our dinner earlier.

For desserts, we tried the chocolate and zucchini cake. The cake was very dry and crumbly. Plating was definitely not from a fine dining restaurant.

The view was excellent -- as we left the parking lot and headed north. From inside the restaurant, the view was nothing special.

Of the half dozen restaurants we visited in the Lake George area, this was neither fine dining nor worth a second visit.

5  Thank Apple J
There are newer reviews for Adirondack Restaurant & Resort Dining

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful spots in the Adirondack Park! Once you arrive, you will have the best view of Lake George, bar none. The restaurant is located in the original building, you can smell the history. Awesome old house. Expansive vistas of the 18-hole golf course, the lake, the adjacent mountains, unbeatable. However, the food... Well, not so great. Just about average. Maybe they lack experience, I'm not sure. Don't take me wrong, it's not bad, but it should be perfect like the location. Burger came overcooked. The fries were steaming hot and perfect. The Kale Caeser salad lacked on the presentation department. It should have been served with some Parmesan crisps and maybe something else to dress it up. The croutons were hunks of bread that lacked seasoning. Service was not stellar, friendly but not polished. I do think it's worth the drive up there. I guess around mid-September when leaf peeping season starts (usually..) should be a breath-taking view, I can imagine seating in the terrace with a steaming bowl of butternut bisque... Would I return? Yes.

2  Thank TSully_07
Reviewed July 29, 2013

De rolls, de rolls

If you have one thing at the Farm House it must be the rolls. Forget about the carbs, white flour or whatever excuse you use to justify not eating "white bread ". Enjoy!!!!

As to the meal - well first class eclecticity. This is the place to find fresh, interesting selections that I guarantee you won't find anywhere else in the Greater Capital Region. I could not get by the starters and ended up having two along with a second helping of - anybody anybody Bueller - yes the rolls.

The Farm House is not the place for your meat and potatoes crowd - you/they will be very disappointed. However, if your adventurous then you will be well rewarded.

As for the service it was quite satisfactory unlike our sometimes erratic experience in years past.

1  Thank DJ K
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been going to the Lake George area for a few years and have been intrigued by the description of this farm to table restaurant. his year I finally had a chance to go. It is off the beaten track for Lake George village and take about 15t minutes top get there but it has a fantastic view and a quiet setting on a mountain top golf club. The restaurant was quiet and elegant. Tables were far enough away that that one felt there was plenty of room. Service was crisp and efficient. Choices were limited to what was fresh and available. but the variety was quite good. Appetizers and salads were inventive and fun. Main courses were well sized and delicious. There were wines by the glass which were quite good and wines by the bottle that were limited in number but the were representative and well priced. Did the four of us like it? All said we would definitely come back again and all were happy wioth their choices and gthe flavors

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I've ever given a restaurant 5 dots, but this one earned it. Shows what you can do with fresh, well prepared food. First off they have a very good and eclectic beer and wine menu. We had two small plates: grilled broccoli with a sauce made from anchovies, rosemary, olive oil, and garlic, and grilled calamari with fingerling potatoes. Both were perfectly prepared, and we could not get over how good the anchovy sauce was. For dinner, we had the lamb cavatelli and scallops with mussels. The lamb was like osso buco, very tender with a little kick and the cavatelli was home made. The scallops were seared to perfection with pork belly, all in a great broth with crunchy little noodles - very weird pairing, but it worked and was incredible...I've only really liked scallops twice in my life, and this was one of them. Then had a selection of NY cheeses for dessert that were also local and fantastic, especially the Nettle Meadow Farms kunik. Just a fantastic meal and overall experience that I highly recommend.

2  Thank MRKannapolis