“Yummy Paninis”

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Paninis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went here for a quick breakfast. I had the mozzarella pesto panini and my boyfriend had the smoked turkey panini. His was pretty good but the fresh pesto sauce and oodles of mozzarella on mine was amazing. Looked like a nice small family-run place, service was good, and prices were average for a tourist town.

• Visited July 2011

Rome, New York
“Stay away from smoothies! Service was terriblei”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stopped in this place for a quick smoothie. The prices we avg. approx 4.00 each for a 20 oz cup. I ordered a mango smoothie and my husband got a rasberry.
When we walked in the kid behind the counter sat up from reading a magazine and asked if he could help my husband. He addressed only my husband. I asked what kind of smoothies he had and he told us the flavors. I told him what I wanted and then my husband did. He walked away grabbed 2 plastic cups and filled each with ice. He then grabbed the blender poured the ice from one of the cups in the blender, then took a gallon of milk and filled the cup half way with milk and poured it into the blender then took the blender over to these large white containers with pumps on the top and skirted a shot of orange paste/liquid stuff from 2 of the containers then blended it. He then took my mango smoothie and put it over on the side counter. He then made my husbands smoothie the same way. When finished he handed my husband his smoothie when asked where was mine he told my husband he had to get it from the other counter. I am not sure what his issue was if he had a thing against women, I know that women are looked down upon in the middle east and what ever over there I dont care but here in America you treat women the same way as you would treat a man. Now to the flavor of the smoothies, the ice was still so chunked that it kept clogging the straw and it tasted like sugared milk. I can not attest to anything else at the cafe but the service and the smoothies SUCKED!!!

planetzoltar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent ciabatta bread sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed at Georgian in aug '09 and found Bank Cafe a short walk away, their breakfast sandwiches served on ciabatta bread were GREAT. Seemed like a lot of locals come here, the staff and customers all knew each other, so I figured if the locals come here it must be good. Came back next day with my wife, got food and coffee togo and walked short block to lake for a great lakeside meal. Stayed at Holiday Inn on other side of village in Aug '10 and came back to Bank Cafe, still a great sandwich. Only complaint is one day I came a little late, couldn't get wife up, and they were out of the ciabatta. :( Gonna be back again first week of August.

• Visited August 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bank Cafe Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed on Lake George for a weekend getway and we had breakfast two days in a row in Bank Cafe. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is what draws me into this place. It feels so like home. Try the stuffed french toast w/ strawberries. We also had the Adirondack waffles (mmmm). We also recommend their sadwiches and smoothies. I would def go back!

New York, NY
“Horrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Nothing is fresh or cooked well. This is more like a place run out of a microwave. Our waffles were undercooked and gooey and the "strawberries" on top were canned most likely from the gooey syrup around them. The stuffed french toast had a weird also artificial paste in the middle. The coffee was worse than the $1 coffee you can get at a coffee cart. Tourist trap - stay away! There are much better options up in Bolton's Landing.

cafegoer, Owner at Bank Cafe, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
I have a hard time believing this person ate at my cafe.
We do not use the microwave for anything but to but a little warming touch on the homemade from scratch muffins. And the goo that is in the stuffed french toast is cream cheese. As for the waffles they are on a timer and can not be under cooked and we do offer fresh fruit on them at request. The coffee is the most expensive coffee to be found in the area and is roasted by a family run and very respected place.
I can not expect everyone to like my food or coffee but if you ate here you would not have written a review as HORRlBLE as this.