“Hideous Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This restaurant was one of a few I ate at during my 3 day stay in Lake George. It was less then poor. My husband got the Chicken parm. The portion was large - but it was a large portion of tasteless, chewy, probably previously frozen chicken. I complained & asked the waitress if the chicken was cooked from fresh or frozen. She said she didn't know....didn't know??? Isn't that like one of the basics when you waitress, you know all about the food??? Or she just didn't want to say......I'll never know - but I do know she took 50% off my husband's meal. 50%?? That's it? He hardly ate a bite of it & felt ill all night - it should have been taken off the bill completely...cheap skates!!! From that moment on the waitress was rude to us so....time to go.
I had the beef stroganoff - which was bland & no sign of mushrooms or anything tasty anywhere. Just chunks of well done beef & packaged egg noodles.
There was a group of about 6 going in to eat as we were leaving - I was extremely tempted to tell them like it was, but didn't. I sure will be reviewing this site when I travel anywhere else - to avoid eating crap like at JC Montana's
Pizza Hut tasted better on the way home & definitely used fresher ingredients

There are newer reviews for J.C. Montana's

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice family place. Service was slow, given water, but never asked if we wanted a drink. Had the lobster special 1.5lb streamed lobster for $25. Worth the money, but had ask for more butter and napkins. We would go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stopped in with the family while on the strip in Lake George. It was pretty empty and we were seated right away. We had a few of the seafood dishes including the crab cakes. Food was ok. Not horrible and not fantastic. Our server was very nice and the food came fairly quickly. Overall just average.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in Lake George with my son and 4 yr old grandson. We picked this place because it had outside dining and wasn't crowded. We wanted to feel comfortable. My main complaint was the food. I had Chicken scampi. It was terrible. It was so heavy in oil. My son had the enchaladas. I tasted them and they were ok, but nothing great. The service was very good. The manager and the wait staff were very nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We only had a drink and the wings, the wings were great! The menu was more seafood oriented with fairly high prices. It didnt seem to flo with the appetizer options so we went elsewhere to eat. We sat outside by the railing, nice waitress quick service.