“Nasty”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 18, 2012

In a word, NASTY.....miserable, inattentive service, lukewarm, greasy food, filthy bathrooms. It used to be a great place. Nobody there...so sad, it used to be a nice, local place.

1  Thank canoecatz

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Been going to the Garrison for years, but tonight it was just dreadful. It's been slipping for quite a time now.

Ordered the specials. They would not sub a salad for coleslaw in a $15 chicken dinner. Huh? Then we sat and waited and waited in a restaurant with about 8 people in it. I could see the waitress just wasting time with a customer. I could also see the kitchen staff hanging out, eating, then fixing some food then eating some more. No hand washing or gloves in between! What was taking so long? It was clear they weren't really working. But the amazing part was that they were not working and eating in such a way that people in the restaurant could see how unsanitary it was.

Then people came in and turned on the juke box really loud. We asked for take out. All of a sudden our meals were miraculously ready.

The bbq'd chicken was really just baked chicken with some bottled sauce poured over it. This is just plain inexcusable in the middle of the summer.

The fries were dreadful, awful, hard, dried up and burnt, two days old, really badly burnt old oil, burnt tasting, something like greasy cardboard. Buried underneath were some stir fried green beans that were pretty good, if not for being totally drenched in oil.

The other $14 meal was about 4 ounces of steak sliced over about $1 worth of lettuce that had been drenched in bottled Caesar dressing. Huh? $14 for this?

Do they really want people to come there to eat? Seems like no. They spent far more time taking care of people who were there mostly to play games and watch tv.

So I guess be advised. It can be really awful awful food for ripoff prices. We like the Barnsider and will go there the next time.

1  Thank kneatknitter
Reviewed June 18, 2012

A good value for Lake George. Sandwiches and other pub fare are all very good. It has its own parking lot, so parking is easy. Good value for the money.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Been there since 1953! Great pub food, a large selection of draft beers. Friendly, helpful staff, great service.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Went there with my 14 yo dtr over the weekend. I liked the atmosphere, local feel and pub like food available. Had a hot open roast beef sandwich with a baked potatoe and it was the perfect comfort food on a cool night. Went back the next night and had chicken wngs. I liked the idea that I felt like I was in a bar but could bring my daughter too. The service was good and I have no real complaints. I thought the prices could have been a little lower but C'mon, we are in Lake George, a resort town, what do you expect? I would go back again for certain.