“Excellent pub food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garrison Restaurant & Pub

Garrison Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #20 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilton, New York
“Excellent pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

A good value for Lake George. Sandwiches and other pub fare are all very good. It has its own parking lot, so parking is easy. Good value for the money.

Visited May 2012

Florida/New York
“A Legend in Lake George”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Been there since 1953! Great pub food, a large selection of draft beers. Friendly, helpful staff, great service.

Visited May 2012
Germantown, New York
“It was perfect for what we were looking for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Went there with my 14 yo dtr over the weekend. I liked the atmosphere, local feel and pub like food available. Had a hot open roast beef sandwich with a baked potatoe and it was the perfect comfort food on a cool night. Went back the next night and had chicken wngs. I liked the idea that I felt like I was in a bar but could bring my daughter too. The service was good and I have no real complaints. I thought the prices could have been a little lower but C'mon, we are in Lake George, a resort town, what do you expect? I would go back again for certain.

• Visited October 2011
Albany, New York
“TERRIBLE - DO NOT EAT HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

Went to the Garrison recently. Nice looking pub and the menu looked interesting. I asked the wiater if the chef (never could be a chef in that kitchen) could make me up a grilled vegetable sandwich with cheese. He very enthusiastically said sure. My friend ordered the "special" grilled shrimp with barbeque sauce over a bed of rice. I couldn't believe what came out of the kitchen. My sandwich was open-faced. OK. Grilled it was not. It was sauteed onions and peppers (like those you would top a burger with) on white bread (not grilled) with cheese on the top that was barely melted. YUK. The french fries were a very dark brown (wonder when the fryer was cleaned) and very soggy. As for my friend, double YUK. The rice was undercooked so it was crunchy. There was a skewer of grilled shrimp and an adequate portion, topped with barbeque sauce that obviously came from a jar. Lots and lots of barbeque sauce poured over the shrimp. The best I can say is they neither of us were sick from this terrible food.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank SONGOFJOY53
Day, New York
“what a rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We have been going to the Garrison for years. I don't know what happened but the food was terrible the last TWO time we went there, I gave it a second chance I figured eveyone can have a bad day. The prices are way high for what you get and their famous bergers are hockey pucks.

• 2 of 5 bubbles