“Great staff, Delicious BBQ and Steak, needs veggies.....”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
New York City, New York
“Great staff, Delicious BBQ and Steak, needs veggies.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Pulled Pork, BBQ ribs and t-bone were all excellent. Staff was courteous and helpful. They need to get some vegetables on the menu! Fried Green beans don't count.

• Visited January 2011

Queensbury, New York
“Great Food, Exceptional Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

This restaurant comes highly recommended by myself and most others that are native to the area. The food is simply great, and the atmosphere manages to deliver a style so unique to the Adirondacks.

• Visited January 2011
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Worst service I have ever had in a Restaurant! Rude waitress & bad food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I was in lake george for my wedding in October, 2010. A friend was in town and it was her birthday. On a whim we chose to go to Barnsiders. The interior itself was nice, rustic. The food was... well it left alot to be desired, though I might have thought better of the food if the service had been good.. The service??? WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER GOTTEN FROM ANYWHERE IN MY LIFE!!! First of all, our drinks ran dry several times. We actually had to be obvious in getting the waitresses attention to refill our drinks, just short of going to find her and tap her on the shoulder. She was always standing at the bar yapping with coworkers. There were only 2 table seated int he whole entire place, its not like we were being over demanding of her time! Anytime we asked her for something she kind of rolled her eyes and spoke to us in a very patronizing tone. When we got ready to leave, we all pooled our money and left it on the table. The waitress ran over to collect her tip, and when she found that she did not get the tip that SHE thought she deserved she confronted us and asked why she didn't get the tip she thought she deserved. the girl had a FIGURE! When I told her that I did not have alot of cash on me to give her the EXACT amount that she found herself worthy of, she said " oh... that's sad.." I wanted to tell her that she could give me back the change from my tip! I WAS FURIOUS!!! Save yourself the headache and the ruining of your good time. I would not reccomend this place to my worst enemy. AVOID BARNSIDERS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

2 Thank MoonshineWitch
Lake George, New York
“Delicious food, great service, nice decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Our hostess was very helpful and accomodating. We had four in our party and everyone liked their food. The ribs were GREAT, as were the deep fried stringbeans and the cornbread. Saw the dog in the kitchen and we all agreed however, that a dog does not belong in the kitchen. . .not comfortable with that one!

Houston, Texas
“From Texas and can't wait to get back to Barnsider.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Went here based on the reviews here and the large number of closed restaurants in late October here.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Texas tends to do the dry ribs.... I was thrilled to have Kansas City (or Memphis?) style ribs. I ate until I could not anymore! Cold Saranac draught beer, excellent wings, fabulous waitress. I can't wait to get back for more. We even called family in down in the Mohawk Valley that its worth the drive.