“From Texas and can't wait to get back to Barnsider.”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #30 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Banchory, United Kingdom
“From Texas and can't wait to get back to Barnsider.”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Went here based on the reviews here and the large number of closed restaurants in late October here.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Texas tends to do the dry ribs.... I was thrilled to have Kansas City (or Memphis?) style ribs. I ate until I could not anymore! Cold Saranac draught beer, excellent wings, fabulous waitress. I can't wait to get back for more. We even called family in down in the Mohawk Valley that its worth the drive.

Connecticut
“DO NOT GO HERE”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Please save yourself and do not bother with this place. We read some reviews and decided to give it a chance, bad decision on our part. The service was horrendous, our waitress wore a hooded sweatshirt and looked like she rolled out of bed. Each time we asked for something she made it clear she was annoyed and rolled her eyes. I also work on the side at a restaurant so I know how to treat customers. Not only the service, but the food took forever and was okay at BEST. Everything was luke warm, and the side salads we ordered came out two seconds before our meals. When we asked another waitress for something, she gladly accepted but then disappeared as well. The manager (we think?) was wondering around sitting tables and gossiping with other employees instead of fixing the mess that the restaurant has become. All in all, we will never go back and we hope you do not waste the time and money like we did.

2 Thank kelly1210
SPENCERTOWN,NY
“GOOD BARBECUE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Four of us went to the Barnsider for dinner last night. We were greeted most pleasantly, told that there was a slight wait, and seated in the bar area to wait. We were almost immediately brought menus to peruse and drink orders were taken and promptly filled. Becca, who was to be our waitress, checked on us frequently, kept us abreast of how much longer before we'd be seated, and generally took great care of us. When we did get seated, she explained the menu, made special provisions with the chef for one of our party, and gave us honest advice about what to order. When our food came we were all very pleased with its quality. We were not hurried, well attended throughout the meal, and felt that we got GREAT value for our money. At the end of our meal, Becca took the time to talk to us about our dining experience, answered all of our questions, and in general made us feel that we were most welcome guests in her restaurant. We will DEFINITELY return.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I ate lunch and dinner at the Barnsider Restaurant during my stay in Lake George. It was awesome! My compliments to the chef! It was the best burger I have ever had and the Ribs were terrific. Friendly staff and I loved the atmosphere. I ate out on the deck. There were several fireplaces and gas heaters. I love a fire! and to be able to feel the awesome October chill and stay warm at the same time! and enjoy a great meal...it doesn't get any better. The next time I visit, I will definately make a stop or 2 at the Barnsider. Raleigh, NC

South Glens Falls, New York
“Ribs that fall off the bone and leave you wanting more!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I live locally and have tried other Barbeque restaurants, and the Barnsider wins hands down. The smokiness and flavor of the sauce is wonderful and does not take away from the flavor of the meat. A group of 8 of us have been going monthly for over a year and have yet to get a bad meal. There are about 12 different sides to order with your meal, and the fried green beans with Horseradish sauce is a nice treat.

The summer months tend to get busy, especially on the Thursday night " All you can eat", but a nice bar, and a deck to relax on, help pass the time. The addition of live music adds to the atmosphere. They were open last winter and a great rib dinner in the toasty hot-pot warmed dining room in the middle of February was just the ticket!!!!