“GOOD BARBECUE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Four of us went to the Barnsider for dinner last night. We were greeted most pleasantly, told that there was a slight wait, and seated in the bar area to wait. We were almost immediately brought menus to peruse and drink orders were taken and promptly filled. Becca, who was to be our waitress, checked on us frequently, kept us abreast of how much longer before we'd be seated, and generally took great care of us. When we did get seated, she explained the menu, made special provisions with the chef for one of our party, and gave us honest advice about what to order. When our food came we were all very pleased with its quality. We were not hurried, well attended throughout the meal, and felt that we got GREAT value for our money. At the end of our meal, Becca took the time to talk to us about our dining experience, answered all of our questions, and in general made us feel that we were most welcome guests in her restaurant. We will DEFINITELY return.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I ate lunch and dinner at the Barnsider Restaurant during my stay in Lake George. It was awesome! My compliments to the chef! It was the best burger I have ever had and the Ribs were terrific. Friendly staff and I loved the atmosphere. I ate out on the deck. There were several fireplaces and gas heaters. I love a fire! and to be able to feel the awesome October chill and stay warm at the same time! and enjoy a great meal...it doesn't get any better. The next time I visit, I will definately make a stop or 2 at the Barnsider. Raleigh, NC

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I live locally and have tried other Barbeque restaurants, and the Barnsider wins hands down. The smokiness and flavor of the sauce is wonderful and does not take away from the flavor of the meat. A group of 8 of us have been going monthly for over a year and have yet to get a bad meal. There are about 12 different sides to order with your meal, and the fried green beans with Horseradish sauce is a nice treat.

The summer months tend to get busy, especially on the Thursday night " All you can eat", but a nice bar, and a deck to relax on, help pass the time. The addition of live music adds to the atmosphere. They were open last winter and a great rib dinner in the toasty hot-pot warmed dining room in the middle of February was just the ticket!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Recently visited from RI. Despite the fact they tried to seat us in the middle of a wedding party.....Restaurant,atmosphere and staff where all nice. Food left much to be desired. I ordered the St Louis style ribs while my companion ordered the Baby Backs. We both got the exact same kind of Ribs. I found the food overpriced and the portions on the short side. When you spend 60 dollars on a meal for 2 people you should never leave still hungry. And for god sakes your a BBQ restaurant....Please learn the difference between baby back and St Louis style ribs! Keep looking if your looking for the ultimate BBQ experience! This is not it!

2  Thank drkstr22
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Tonight we held the rehearsal dinner for our son Joshua's wedding at the Barnsider in Lake George. Becca was a server and it was a fantastic experience. She was extremely attentive, the food was fantastic, and we could not recommend her or the Barnsider more highly.

Becca made our visit to the Barnsider fantastic and our party was very satisfied and it was a great rehearsal dinner and we will never forget how comfortable she made the evening for us and our son and new daughter.

We also would like to thank the owner Ed for making this day so very special for our family.

Brian And Kathryn LaRose-Granville, NY