“Ribs that fall off the bone and leave you wanting more!!”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I live locally and have tried other Barbeque restaurants, and the Barnsider wins hands down. The smokiness and flavor of the sauce is wonderful and does not take away from the flavor of the meat. A group of 8 of us have been going monthly for over a year and have yet to get a bad meal. There are about 12 different sides to order with your meal, and the fried green beans with Horseradish sauce is a nice treat.

The summer months tend to get busy, especially on the Thursday night " All you can eat", but a nice bar, and a deck to relax on, help pass the time. The addition of live music adds to the atmosphere. They were open last winter and a great rib dinner in the toasty hot-pot warmed dining room in the middle of February was just the ticket!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Recently visited from RI. Despite the fact they tried to seat us in the middle of a wedding party.....Restaurant,atmosphere and staff where all nice. Food left much to be desired. I ordered the St Louis style ribs while my companion ordered the Baby Backs. We both got the exact same kind of Ribs. I found the food overpriced and the portions on the short side. When you spend 60 dollars on a meal for 2 people you should never leave still hungry. And for god sakes your a BBQ restaurant....Please learn the difference between baby back and St Louis style ribs! Keep looking if your looking for the ultimate BBQ experience! This is not it!

2  Thank drkstr22
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Tonight we held the rehearsal dinner for our son Joshua's wedding at the Barnsider in Lake George. Becca was a server and it was a fantastic experience. She was extremely attentive, the food was fantastic, and we could not recommend her or the Barnsider more highly.

Becca made our visit to the Barnsider fantastic and our party was very satisfied and it was a great rehearsal dinner and we will never forget how comfortable she made the evening for us and our son and new daughter.

We also would like to thank the owner Ed for making this day so very special for our family.

Brian And Kathryn LaRose-Granville, NY

Reviewed September 29, 2010

recently visited this place while doing some fishing in the adirondacks. What a great decision. There ribs were some of the best I have ever had and the service was awesome. The atmosphere in this rest. matched the adirondack theme with a great wood stove in the dining room and nice relaxing music playing. I would highly recommend this place to anyone interested in some great food, especially the ribs, and a true family friendly place to eat and enjoy the Adirondacks.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

when I entered at 5 should have been a tip it was near empty, staff standing around.... I was seated nearly tripping over a rib bone and fries on the carpet..the waitress noticed I had noticed and got a pan and broom swept up the rib bone not the frires...sheesh.
I ordered the BBQ ribs with mashed potatoes..the potatoes were cold wouldn't even melt the butter patty, and the ribs were tough and dry and the cook burned the sauce which made it uneatable ..I got out my credit card, the server could see I didnt touch much ..no question no apologies but I paid....NO TIP BOING! .I'll never go back..look for this place to go under soon... in the mean time AVOID IT!

2  Thank thephoenixrisesagain