“I LOVE JAZZ NIGHT... & ALL YOU CAN EAT RIBS!”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Reviewed July 8, 2009

This restaurant was by far the most exhilarating part of my vacation to Lake George. We went on All-You-CAN-EAT Rib Night and ate until we could not eat anymore! Our waitress was lively, attentive, and kept our plates piled high with ribs. They also had cocktail and beer specials and we all got up to dance on the covered patio while the live musician was singing some of our favorite tunes... what a dining experience!

Reviewed July 5, 2009

I read the reviews but despite some warnings from other members, (since I love smokehouse ribs) I decided to give it a chance. Big mistake. We were forgotten and had to get the busboy to get our waitress who didn't know we were there, then we ordered drinks, never got them as she was busy serving a large party, got up again and talked to the manager, gave us another waitress, not a good way to start the meal. We almost walked out. The Ribs were ok. That's about it. No falling off the bone here, the warning came when they provided us with steak knives for the ribs. Again, if you have to cut your ribs away from the bone...you are wasting my time. Go to the other smokehouse, way better and much more on the ball with great service.

1  Thank Fred26
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I went here on June 22nd 2009 with my older son. Our waitress was very nice, but I felt like the restaurant owner needed a loan. This is one of the few places I've been to that does not refill ice tea without a charge. The waitress brought a basket of bread which consisted of 2 slices of bread. My order of ribs was skimpy and was served with 5 onion rings and 1/2 of a serving of cole slaw. My son has shrimp kabobs that had little flavor and he actually bent his flimsy fork taking the shrimp off the skewer.
They do have a lovely patio area.

1  Thank Marjorie2
Reviewed March 5, 2009

The Barnsider is my favorite place in the summer. Whenever I have company, it is always my pick of where to go. The burgers are great, and the bbq sauce is the best I have ever had. You cannot find anything like it anywhere else.

Besides burgers, I have also enjoyed the ribs and bbq chicken dishes which were both very good.

The appetizers are super too. The green bean fries are my favorite, and they are very reasonably priced. I always ask for extra dipping sauce.

The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, they are happy to help. I have never had a time where I was disappointed with the service.

This past summer I found out that they serve breakfast on the weekends as well. My fiance and I stopped by one Saturday morning and had some fantastic eggs and fried potatoes.

I am looking forward to the summer season when I can head back to the Barnsider again.

Reviewed February 11, 2009

I eat at the Barnsider at least four or five times a summer. It's one of the places locals love and go back to time and time again. I've taken many of my friends and family, and it quickly becomes a favorite of theirs as well.

Why is the Barnsider so great? It really comes down to the food. The menu has a great variety of items, but most people I know tend to order from the barbeque section of the menu. The barbeque sauce is made by the owner and is a real favorite of anyone who's tried it. My friends seem to order the same items over and over because they love them so much!

I'm a vegetarian, and you wouldn't think there are a lot of options for me at a barbeque restaurant, but you'd be mistaken. The menu has several vegetarian items - I love the eggplant parm sub, the white pizza, and the black bean burger. The salads are also great. There are many healthy options as well as traditional menu items.

There are also many great appetizers (such as the green bean fries - half the price of a chain restaurant, too!), a great beer selection, and fantastic desserts like creme brule, double chocolate cake, and other options (new last summer).

On top of that, the restaurant atmosphere is great. It's clear the owner cares about the business. Over the past few years, a great deck has been added for outdoor eating (with fantastic views of the Adirondacks and foliage in autumn), a new bar was installed, and there's even free wi-fi access. The decor suits a barbeque-themed restaurant well, and it also has an Adirondack feel.

The service is nearly always great, from the servers, to the hosts or hostesses, to the bartenders. I've never had a problem with special orders or requests. It's locally-owned and the owner definitely cares about taking care of his customers! Creating regular business is obviously his priority.

Did I mention there's a great breakfast on the weekend, too?

Obviously I love the restaurant and go there frequently. It's a real hidden gem in a great location at the foothills of the Adirondacks, and you'll definitely be missing out if you don't give it a try. Go and try one of the best restaurants in Lake George and the Saratoga region!