“My favorite place”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
NY
“My favorite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

The Barnsider is my favorite place in the summer. Whenever I have company, it is always my pick of where to go. The burgers are great, and the bbq sauce is the best I have ever had. You cannot find anything like it anywhere else.

Besides burgers, I have also enjoyed the ribs and bbq chicken dishes which were both very good.

The appetizers are super too. The green bean fries are my favorite, and they are very reasonably priced. I always ask for extra dipping sauce.

The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, they are happy to help. I have never had a time where I was disappointed with the service.

This past summer I found out that they serve breakfast on the weekends as well. My fiance and I stopped by one Saturday morning and had some fantastic eggs and fried potatoes.

I am looking forward to the summer season when I can head back to the Barnsider again.

Queensbury, NY
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2009

I eat at the Barnsider at least four or five times a summer. It's one of the places locals love and go back to time and time again. I've taken many of my friends and family, and it quickly becomes a favorite of theirs as well.

Why is the Barnsider so great? It really comes down to the food. The menu has a great variety of items, but most people I know tend to order from the barbeque section of the menu. The barbeque sauce is made by the owner and is a real favorite of anyone who's tried it. My friends seem to order the same items over and over because they love them so much!

I'm a vegetarian, and you wouldn't think there are a lot of options for me at a barbeque restaurant, but you'd be mistaken. The menu has several vegetarian items - I love the eggplant parm sub, the white pizza, and the black bean burger. The salads are also great. There are many healthy options as well as traditional menu items.

There are also many great appetizers (such as the green bean fries - half the price of a chain restaurant, too!), a great beer selection, and fantastic desserts like creme brule, double chocolate cake, and other options (new last summer).

On top of that, the restaurant atmosphere is great. It's clear the owner cares about the business. Over the past few years, a great deck has been added for outdoor eating (with fantastic views of the Adirondacks and foliage in autumn), a new bar was installed, and there's even free wi-fi access. The decor suits a barbeque-themed restaurant well, and it also has an Adirondack feel.

The service is nearly always great, from the servers, to the hosts or hostesses, to the bartenders. I've never had a problem with special orders or requests. It's locally-owned and the owner definitely cares about taking care of his customers! Creating regular business is obviously his priority.

Did I mention there's a great breakfast on the weekend, too?

Obviously I love the restaurant and go there frequently. It's a real hidden gem in a great location at the foothills of the Adirondacks, and you'll definitely be missing out if you don't give it a try. Go and try one of the best restaurants in Lake George and the Saratoga region!

Hartford
“Great place with reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

It was rated number 1 before we left on our vacation, and It should still be on your list when you visit Lake George. The St. Louis style pork ribs and the pulled pork sandwich were delicious. There was a blues singer at the restaurant who entertained while we ate. Service was very good, and we would definitely go back.

Augusta ME
“Kudos to the wait staff but not the cook”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

A group of us went to the Barnsider for dinner Friday evening (25 people). We called ahead and were promptly seated in the upstairs dining room, apologies to the families seated up there. The two waitresses that took care of us worked together like a well oiled machine. They got us our drinks and took our dinner orders very efficiently. They were extremely pleasant and accommodating. The food for the most part was typical Barnsider fare, good but not exceptional. The one major discrepancy came when one of our party ordered a T bone steak. Now I'm not a chef, but a T bone is probably the easiest cut to recognize. The definition from the Webster dictionary states "a small steak from the thin end of the short loin containing a T-shaped bone and a small piece of tenderloin". This steak had no bone, T shaped or otherwise and no tenderloin. The waitress took the steak back to the cook (I can't use the term chef for this person) who, when confronted with the evidence, declared that it surely was a T bone. As I stated the other dinners were OK but nothing special. I would be happy to recommend the Barnsider if the kitchen staff was half as good as the wait staff.

new york
“Disappointing.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

I was very disappointed with the barnsider, since I had read the reviews about their BBQ food. My boyfriend had the ribs, which had very little meat on them, but good. I on the other hand was really looking forward to a nice juicy pulled pork sandwich on a nice soft bun, only to be served "dried out" over sweet pork crumbles on a stale roll. I left very disappointed.

1 Thank NY916