“Average BBQ Experience”

Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nice authentic decor and feeling when you enter this restaurant. They had a wood fire burning (it was a cold April!) so it was nice to sit near it (and smell it!)

The cornbread was very good. Both of us enjoyed it. We ordered an app of the Crispy Green Beans. They were pretty good, kind of Tempora-ish I guess.

I ordered the hickory smoked bacon burger. Sadly it was uninspired. The meat was fine but I couldn't help feeling that there wasn't enough effort to make this burger stand out. It needed a special sauce or some kind of cajun seasoning... something. Honestly this is a $10 burger whether you are here or at your local Chilies. Nothing fancy, nothing special, nothing to see here.

My wife had the black bean veggie burger. She liked it but not enough to want to come back here again.

Our server was very nice and attentive. I think she had an accent but I don't remember from where.

Overall if there was another option for dinner I would probably try that before coming back to here again. At the very least I would skip the burger options if there was a next time.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

bbq is tops,i go here every year when i go to lake george,i had the ribs and pulled pork and the brisket and i will tell you i will be back again in july 2014 for more bbq and beer

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am really surprised at the reviews of this restaurant vs the experience I had.

It's a neat building and they had a good musician there Saturday night. That's about the end of the "pros".

Cons: What we had was not good BBQ. For reference, good BBQ in my opinion is the Dinosaur chain from Syracuse. We had many plates of ribs and the braised beef special - all cold, chewy and rather bland tasting. (I mean it when I say cold - I don't know if they weren't heated adequately, or, spend too much time waiting to be served) Fall off the bone ribs? Nope - in fact it was tough to get the meat off the bones. I had a baked potato that was overcooked and dry - seemed like it was around for a while.

Service was the worst part. We were sitting upstairs which means out of sight, but we weren't alone up there. It seemed like our waitress was only up there when she had to be. Took way too long to get our food, and even longer to get our check once it was obvious we were ready to go.

Perhaps we hit it on a bad night, but, this place was a real disappointment.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

When we got out of the Jeep, our stomach did back flips! The wood smoke instantly increased our hunger for BBQ. The owner sat us at our table and quickly brought over some wonderful cornbread. Warm and delicious. The waiter hooked us up with our drinks and then we started looking at the menu items. Choose the brisket sandwich which was fantastic. Nice brew selection, great kids menu and a rustic Adirondack ambiance...who could ask for anything else!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have been to the barnsider every single time we visit Lake George. We are from Philadelphia and love it here. Food is amazing, we decided to have our rehearsal dinner here! It was perfect... bbq, comfort and nice staff. If you try it, you will not be dissapointed! Try the ribs, pulled pork and the mac and cheese- mmmm