“Great food, great value, and exceptional service!”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #28 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I came here for a small family vacation. (Me my wife, our daughter, my father in law, mother in law, sister in law, her boyfriend, and her son.) I went to culinary school and am very picky on where I eat. We were all in an argument on where to go. I took a look at some reviews and also a ride down the "strip". I rode by where everyone else wanted to go and there wasn't a single car in the parking lot. I rode by Tue Barnside and the place was packed at 5pm on a Wednesday....coincidence? I don't think so. We decided on the Barnside. EVERYTHING was exceptional about this place. Our server Mikayla was, as we say at my place of business, truely exceptional and perfect! Great job Mikayla and Barnside!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been here before about 5 years ago and we had our puppy with us and it was nice to be able to enjoy our meal without having to leave our dog in the car or campground. We returned to Lake George this July and stopped again (with out our dog) to eat out on the deck. We had Stefanie as our waitress and she was great!! She came to our table at all the right times, she didn't hover or ignore us. She is a very attentive waitress. On top of the great service we received, our food was delicious! I have a picky 12 year old and Stefanie was very sure she could get him exactly what he wanted. My husband had the ribs and they were awesome! I had the Ruben sandwich and my 15 year old had the pulled pork. Everything was great!! Thank you very much for making our last dinner in Lake George a great one!!! We will definitely return!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We made our annual visit to LG this year and we always try to find a new place to add to our "favorites list" of places to eat. We read the reviews on here and decided we'd take a chance. We have concluded that yes, the food is very good, but.... The service definitely needs some improvement. It seems like there are more hostess' wandering about with that "deer in a headlight" look and looking busy than waitresses actually waiting on people. We were early birds so we had no problem getting seated or waiting for refills, food, etc. but as the place grew in customers, we saw less of our waitress. When we left , we noticed there was no shortage of staff gathering around the bar chatting about of all things... How to serve people ! just get the feeling a staff manager is either absent or asleep at the wheel here.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have been here at least ten times over the years. The food is excellent. I have traveled the country and eaten at a lot of different BBQ places, and this ranks right up there with them. Yes, surprising considering the location, but I am not kidding. The half chicken is one of the juiciest, tastiest chicken I have ever had and the ribs are really good too. If I had one negative, it is the service. You can sit there for a solid 10 minutes before a waiter or waitress shows up to your table, it has happened on more than one occasion, but it is worth the wait. The prices are quite reasonable as well, particularly for a tourist town.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Chose this from the 4 options for our vouchers from our hotels family fun pak. Was not disappointed. We drove by the others. Looked scarey.

We sat outside here. That was really nice. Plenty of room, no bugs, smelled great.

Food was good, I had ribs, burgers looked good too. Potato skins were yummy.

It took forever at every step except to actually sit down. I didn't really care as we weren't in a hurry.

One annoying thing is the single person bathroom for each sex. That line was epic for the men's room. Got zero sympathy from the ladies in line :P