“Ribs Are Still Good”

The Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Ontario, Canada
“Ribs Are Still Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

It's been over four years since our last visit to this restaurant as we have since found Smokey Joe's to be better but on this trip to the Lake George area SJ's was closed for maintenance until January so we returned to The Barnsider.

The atmosphere is still pleasing with the interior wood decor and the main floor dining area where we were seated is on the smaller side which we like, there is another dining area upstairs. Our service was quite satisfactory and the ribs were good. The two of us shared the 2/3 rack of St. Louis pork ribs which came with two sides for $18.95 and it was just enough food but in hindsight I think we should have ordered the full rack. The ribs were tasty and the BBQ sauce was good. Overall, it was not a bad experience and we would likely return a third time. When we went in December I believe they were only open on weekends so it might be best to check in advance if you intend to go at that time of the year.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank biker01

Pennellville, New York
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

A brisket sandwich should be sliced. What I was served could have been any cut of beef slow cooked in a crock pot,chopped to pieces and drenched with sauce.(Usually you only serve chopped brisket when you screw up the smoking process.) I was disappointed. The pulled pork potato skins were not very good either. Kind of dry. This place doesn't put any sauce on the table. They really should.

1 Thank verybigv
Katonah, NY
“We had a good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Having read some of the other reviews, it is clear that this place is hit or miss. It was a hit for us though. Nice atmosphere with a fire going in the stove, and a sax player/singer on the heated balcony. The service was outstanding, a very nice young guy who was prompt and friendly. All our meals were tasty; pulled pork, brisket, ribs, fries, coleslaw and cornbread all really tasty. Very good value, we would go back.

Granby, CT
“Barbecue Not At Its Finest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I was in town on business and drove past this place. It interested me and I thought I would give it a try. It was very disappointing. Since I was by myself I decided to eat at the bar where I was the only patron. It was a slow night and the bartender was preoccupied most of the time with the staff and telephone and I had to ask for service to get his attention. That being said, I ordered the half rack of ribs with coleslaw and fried green beans. Anticipating a wait (this is barbecue) I settled in to watch baseball. To my surprise, within 6 to 8 minutes of my ordering, my meal was delivered. This caused me to pause as this can't be good....for barbecue? Unfortunately my fears were realized. It was abundantly evident the ribs had been pre-cooked with the only moisture being provided by the sauce and any meat away from the bone akin to jerky. The cornbread side they served was cold and the green beans appeared to be something you would purchase in the frozen food section of the supermarket. As this is a resort area perhaps it is better in the summer due to the turn over but for off season I say save your money.

1 Thank PJTCGranby_CT
Glenwood, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Food was delicious, service was great, prices were reasonable. We were visiting Lake George for the first time and while passing by the Barnsider, decided to try them for dinner. It was great. I would recommend you try their great BBQ Ribs.

• Visited September 2011