“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake George Riverview Campground
Reviewed August 25, 2009

A couple of my friends and I booked this place for a week and were very, VERY decieved by the website. You have a beautiful view of the river, yes, but also a lovely view of McDonalds and the main roads. The place is a small FIELD, not a good campground. I guess if you enjoy camping in field with no space to yourself, this is the place for you.
The bathrooms are horrid, with two tiny showers in which you get NO privacy, except for the shower curtain.
We pulled our camper up to our spot, and could not even open the awing because there were other peoples tents right next to us. We stayed a total of FIVE minutes before deciding to leave.
As for customer service, FORGET IT!!!! We were not given a refund because we had "already entered the campsite" so we lost about $350.00 for the whole week. The kid working inside claimed we had a "bad attitude," so he refused to give the refund. The manager was nice enough to move us down about ten feet so we had a little more privacy, but the place SUCKED. I would not recommend this to anyone, even to my worst enemies.
We left, without refund, and booked another place-The Great Escape (I highly recommed) for about the same price but this place was sooo bad that we left without our money. To the kid in place, you should know customer service should be your number one priority, even if the customer is unhappy, you should negotiate with them until they are. Word of mouth is very powerful and I will only say negative things about this joke of a campground for as long as I live.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
10  Thank Camper1024
There are newer reviews for Lake George Riverview Campground

Reviewed August 8, 2008

In all my years of camping, I have never been treated so poorly but a campground owner. When I made our reservation, it took me several tries, as there is never anyone in the office. Need wood? Forget it. Ice? Nobody there to sell it to you. During our stay, cable was being installed in the TENT sites. Nobody let us know this, and one evening, (the last we were there) three men were digging up the ground around our fire ring laying cable. The result was pieces of wire, several sharp objects, and holes of dirt and mud all around our tent. When I complained, the owner and her assistant called me a liar; that no work had been done. The owner argued with me, and her assistant cussed at me. We asked for the loan of a hatchet when we arrived, (three times) and never got it. At one point, the bathrooms were padlocked, with no note, and no other bathrooms on premesis. Fine if you're in an RV, not too good in a tent. Never have I been treated so badly by someone running a business.

Stay away from River View Campground, Lake George, NY. A ruined vacation for $36 a night. Pathetic.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Merrill Magee Inn
Merrill Magee Inn
#4 of 7 in Warrensburg
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area

Been to Lake George Riverview Campground? Share your experiences!