“Staff was very friendly”

Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill
Ranked #42 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went for dinner & were seated right away. The staff were excellent! The food was typical pub food but the menu had some good options to choose from. Very family friendly. We would go again.

snapshotlakegeorgeny, Owner at Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you.......

There are newer reviews for Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I ate here on Thursday, July 11th and had a wonderful experience! We had a party of 10 with children included and everyone really enjoyed their meal. The pulled pork was outstanding and it was a huge portion! the ribs were terrific and one of the best meals was the Osa Buco-my brother in law said it was one of the best he has had and he has traveled all over. I would highly recommend this restaurant because they were able to accommodate our big party and there was something for everyone and it was reasonably priced especially for the portions! Service was great and there was live music on the patio which added to the experience. The chef came out to check on the meals and was very personable-highly recommended!

snapshotlakegeorgeny, Owner at Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your review.......

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was just myself looking for an ice cold beer and something to put in my stomach. This place caught my eye just before i pulled into larger eatery. I'm more in favor of helping out the smaller businesses than to dropping my dime to the established wealthy restaurateurs. I must say I did the right thing on this stop. It's a nice cozy joint all around. the customers and staff were the friendliest I've met in a long while. I ordered a super ice cold bottle of beer which was on special for a couple bucks with their lengthy happy hour. For an appetizer I asked for deep fried green beans with an outstanding dipping sauce. My dinner order was a house special burger with jalapenos and a side of fries. Probably the most tasty burger and fries I've inhaled in years. So... I'm definitely returning soon with my family and friends for a round of food and brews. I felt extremely welcome and the whole experience was just perfect. I highly recommend a visit to this Tavern!

Thank you .......Jerry

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were looking for a decent family dinner spot before heading into Lake George village for shopping etc. We went around 4-4:15pm, when we got there the parking lot was empty and we wondered why. We walked inside and a nice gentleman quickly said we can sit where we want, he brought out menus right away and said our server would be with us soon. Besides the few guys at the bar watching sports, we were only people in the place! The decor is typical dark wood, cabin-ish feel with random signs on walls. Dining area in main room is small with bar right off that area. There is an outdoor patio with tables/umbrellas but it's right next to the road and I can only imagine would be a bit loud out there. Bathroom was small'one-person deal but clean. Definitely not upscale which is what we wanted. Wearing a hat and t-shirt would be fine! Server came out and was very friendly and took our order quickly. The kids had an orange creme soda and root beer which came in bottles from Saranac - they lived them. Adults had beer... not a huge selection at all but they have the standard list plus a local choice. Kids ordered kid meals... chicken tenders/fries and Mac/cheese...not reviewing those... both said they were happy. My better half ordered the chicken Calabrese and I ordered pulled pork/rib combo with fried green beans and sweet potato fries. They first brought out a small basket with warm bread....corn bread and plain loaf. Corn bread was moist and very good. Perfect little free appetizer before the meal! Meal came out in no time at all and all looked great. My entire meal was great, pork/ribs done right and meat fell right off ribs...I used a fork the whole time! Green bean fries had the wasabi dipping sauce and sweet potato fries had raspberry sauce....all cooked perfectly and sauces perfect compliment. Her chicken Calabrese was cooked well and said was delicious. Total cost for four including drinks was $74. We've paid more at other Lake George restaurants and gotten less. This met and exceeded our expectations and we would definitely go back again! We asked our server why it was so dead in there...she said it was still early...yet at 8pm when driving past it coming out of town, the lot was still not full. Don't overlook this place! If you want a nice bbq place with other choices, kid-friendly casual dining with excellent food....this is the place!

Thank you so much.....glad you enjoyed everything......Jerry

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stopped in mid evening and were sat right away which was great... and our server Ryan was at our table within a few minutes. So between the cold drinks and delicious food (must try the ribs!!!!! ) we're definitely going to be return diners! Service was great and so was our dinner!

Thank you.....