“NEW NAME, NEW MENU, SAME GREAT PLACE”

Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill
Ranked #37 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I remembered this place as Smokey Joe's from last year and was surprised to see the name change. The owner has a sign out indicationg it is the same as last year and same owner/operator. The new name is Gaslight Bar & Grill. It's still operated by the same very concientious couple. From the moment you walk in the place you can tell they care about it and they have changed the Adirondack ambiance.

Apparently the name change is because changes have been made to the menu. They still have the wonderful ribs on the menu and have added a number of items that really round out the menu - something for everyone.

Last year my friend and I both had the ribs but this year I thought I'd try a new item. My friend had the ribs and claimed they were just as delicious as they were last year when we stopped in. I had the newly added Diamond Point Pasta which was excellent. It's sure to be a hit. Pasta tossed in a lemon butter sauce with veggies and black olives, just delicious.

If you're in the Lake George area you definitely have to try this place.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Now called Gaslight Pub, new sign but same owner and staff.
The ares best fall off the bone melt in your mouth ribs and pulled pork! So no fear you'll still be pleased with the food and service.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I went here last September during our 'mini-moon' to Lake George. We were there during the off-season for Lake George so the amount of restaurants open after 5 were limited. We were really happy we stumbled upon Smokey Joe's because the ribs were phenomenal. My husband is very picky with his ribs and he claims these are the best he has ever had. The service was a little slow since there only seemed to be 1 waiter on for the whole restaurant but that is probably because they weren’t expecting a crowd due to the off season - but he did the best he could to be attentive to us. I would definitely recommend making this a stop if you are looking for good BBQ ribs.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went out to dinner with a group of 14. They were able to accommodate us with reservations to make it easier. No wait to be seated. Overall the food was great, but the service a little slow. Was a Saturday night and the place seemed a bit short staffed. Would go back with a smaller group based on the quality of the food and hope for a different result on the service.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Overall not bad BBQ. Not up to the caliber you will find in heavy BBQ Regions (like NC) but pretty good. We went in off-season and they had a big advantage in that they were actually open.

I decided to go with the ribs. The sauce was good though a tad on the sweet side. The meat was fall off the bone tender.

Overall not a lot to say. The food is good. You won't be disappointed. Not the best BBQ you will find but probably the best BBQ you will find in this area.